This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preparation Required
Liv felt a twinge of pain in her wrist and absently rubbed at it. It was probably from the burn the other day in the coffee shop. She hadn't needed a brace in a very long time.  Learning to write with her right hand had been hard. Dictation or typing had become her choice, then, as she filled out applications and forms.

She smiled wanly, not really feeling the desire to go into it. Especially not to a stranger. "Mom, mostly. I just needed something new to do. Who knows. I like working in my dad's flower shop. Maybe I'll end up doing that." It was something she enjoyed. She paused, thinking. At least until I figure out what I'm gonna do with myself.

She checked her wallet and stood, still holding the coffee in one hand. "I'm going to have to go to class. It's a bit of a distance. But thanks for the coffee. And the walk." She turned her head, for a moment, then looked back at her. It was nice to talk to someone that didn't know her. No expectation. No disappointment. No pity.

She smiled, eyes friendly. 'Actually, let me give you my contact. I might need your help with a course. Or you might need mine," she said rolling her eyes with sarcastic smile. Yeah right. She sent the info and then held out her hand to shake. "It was nice to meet you, Ilesha. Thank you again."

And it was, to. She walked on to class- she was gonna be early, of course. She supposed it was an okay day. Talking to people wasn't so bad. In small doses, anyway. Maybe working with her Father would be nice. It would be different, anyway.

The sun shone high over head, warming her through the trees.

Messages In This Thread
Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-10-2019, 06:01 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-10-2019, 07:37 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-10-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-11-2019, 06:43 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-11-2019, 08:03 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-12-2019, 02:47 AM
RE: Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-12-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-13-2019, 01:41 AM
RE: Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-13-2019, 04:24 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-13-2019, 06:34 PM