This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sterling's Days Off
What was this guy some goodie goodie? He kept asking about my parents. She wasn't some little kid. What exactly did he think was going on here.

But as she read the actual words Sterling blinked at them over and over. And she was already getting up from her bed when he said he'd trust her. Which made her sit down. There was something else going on here. Sterling didn't understand what a Channeler was and the Atharim. Sure everyone was talking about it, how they knew this channeler or that, or how they'd seen the arch being made by Ascendancy.

The fact that this supposed cousin of hers admitted to being not part of one but two very recent developments meant he was playing with her, or he was way too honest to be a terrorist.

Sterling got up again and grabbed her favorite stuffed bear and took it into the living room. "Hey Mom, Dad, I got a hit on my video I made."

"Oh that's nice, honey. What did it say."

"Here." She handed the wallet to her mother and let her read the initial comments and the text conversation. Sterling watched the concern on her mother's face grow.

And then she looked up at Sterling and frowned. "I don't care if he's your long lost cousin. We aren't going to associate with people who had the sickness. It might be contagious and you are already sick enough. And he tried to kill the Ascendancy. That's who sent the nuke, you know that right. Babe,", she scooped Sterling up in her arms, "You don't need family like that, you got us."

Sterling's mom handed her dad her wallet and Sterling watched helplessly as her father typed furiously away on her wallet. He handed the wallet back to her with the number deleted and blocked. Did he really think that she didn't know how to undo all that. He growled. "You are not to speak to him again!"

Sterling knew better than to argue with them. And they knew better than to forbid her of doing things. She would just do it anyway. And Nox would never know. Except Sterling didn't know what he'd sent her cousin.

And she never would.

Back in her room with her teddy bear strung up between her arms and neck she tapped away in the hopes that he'd still talk to her. But there was no immediate reply. Her stupid parents messed everything up.

Messages In This Thread
Sterling's Days Off - by Sterling - 05-09-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: Sterling's Days Off - by Sterling - 08-21-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: Sterling's Days Off - by Sterling - 08-22-2019, 04:41 PM
RE: Sterling's Days Off - by Sterling - 10-24-2019, 10:07 AM
RE: Sterling's Days Off - by Sterling - 11-04-2019, 06:14 PM
RE: Sterling's Days Off - by Sterling - 01-24-2020, 10:46 PM