This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Unlikely To Like You
Liv’s hand was warm and soft in her own.  The feeling was nice.  The Italian grinned away the whisper and very nearly bounced over to where the food was.  Her personality could be a little excitable at times.  Later she might look back in wonderment at how genuinely happy this date made her.  ...if she didn’t manage to ruin it.  She released their hands with a little regret but it was necessary.  It might also have been creepy to keep on.  “Ha.  I’ll show you.”  Her eyes twinkled.  “I did but this is mostly leftovers from Monday...hope you don’t mind.”  A grin.  “Lasagna is better after day one anyway.  Gotta give it time to set.”  

Like a good hostess, Nika served Liv first.  The basket held all manner of delectable edibles.  First out: caprese salad made with fresh sliced tomatoes, delicious mozzarella and sweet basil.  Nika arranged the plate, alternating red, white and green before pulling out bottles of balsamic vinegar and olive oil to drizzle over the salad.  Next were dates wrapped in bacon, both dipped in maple syrup, that she’d baked.  They were still warm.  As was the main course, Nika’s family lasagna, reheated from the cook-fest on Monday.  It was a healthy-sized cube and there was more in the basket if need be.  Of course there was also garlic bread, she was not a savage.  Last but not least (dessert notwithstanding), Nika pulled little boxes, grape...organic filtered 100% juice etc, from the basket.  Cartoon characters graced the exterior and did not protest in the slightest when she popped the straw in and set them down.  Nika’s expression was apologetic.  “I know wine would have been nice too but I couldn’t convince Sveta to let me bring that in.”  She pursed her lips.  Confession time.  “I also don’t drink…”  Nika looked at Liv, an alarming thought suddenly occurring.  “Please tell me you’re not a vegetarian with a gluten intolerance.”  Shit.  Shit.  Fuck.  Damnitalltoheck.  “I’m sorry, I should have asked...I was trying to be spontaneous.”  Nika frowned.

Messages In This Thread
Unlikely To Like You - by Nika Raskov - 07-26-2019, 12:10 PM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Liv - 07-31-2019, 06:50 PM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Nika Raskov - 08-06-2019, 11:53 PM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Liv - 08-15-2019, 04:01 PM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Nika Raskov - 08-29-2019, 12:59 AM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Liv - 10-05-2019, 03:50 AM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Nika Raskov - 11-28-2019, 05:18 AM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Liv - 01-05-2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Nika Raskov - 04-20-2020, 03:15 AM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Liv - 04-21-2020, 02:08 AM
RE: Unlikely To Like You - by Nika Raskov - 04-22-2020, 02:32 AM