This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

I Get Around
He was frustrated. It felt like everything he tried got too hot. Air? The surrounding got so super-heated that the blade melted things before it even touched. Earth? That became molten, droplets burning nice little impressions in his floor. His power doped metal would work, but completely defeated the purpose of what he was creating. He wanted an extendable energy blade. Water? Absently, he touched a nasty steam burn on his wrist. He was glad he had been able to dissipate the buildup quickly before there had been a serious explosion. He understood the dangers the early steam engine developers had worked under first hand, now.

But that had led him to try their techniques to create jackets with water cooled air. From there, a sheath of razor sharp air compressing the plasma, a few molecules thick vacuum, and then another sheath. Basically a blade thermos. It worked- sort of. The problem was keeping that distance constant at all times, the two weaves perfectly in sync with each other despite movement of the whole thing. It took work. A lot of work. And while he knew that once he had it 'automated', created using tau circuits, he'd not have to give it much attention, he couldn't help but feel he was on the wrong track.

That left spirit. The most malleable of the threads of the power. The one that had given him the secret in the first place. He kept coming back to it.

He looked at the clock, shaking his head. Damn! Another meeting.

Later.

Messages In This Thread
I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 05-08-2020, 04:36 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 05-14-2020, 03:23 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 05-17-2020, 06:14 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 05-21-2020, 09:52 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 05-22-2020, 09:25 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 06-06-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 06-09-2020, 10:02 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 06-10-2020, 05:20 PM