This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS
I also really loved it. Ep 4 is still my favourite, but this is a close second, it gave me the same excited vibes.

I think you could tell it was a bit rough in places patching up Mat's absence. My biggest question was where the fuck did Loial go when they got to Fal Dara? Though admittedly, I enjoyed watching enough that this didn't occur to me until after the episode had finished. Seriously, though, what was the point of him other than to comment on the damaged guiding? I still don't get why they decided to have Moiraine channel open the waygate in the first place, I feel like it would have worked better to have had Loial open it BECAUSE you can't channel inside without attracting Machin Shin (not sure if that was an addition, but if so it was one I liked). We know there must be another way because of Fain following (although kinda curious why he's following now if Mat has the dagger...). If they'd headed in with the warning that Moiraine couldn't channel it would have raised the tension, and made her channeling to get them out all the more desperate imo.

I wish they'd let Loial explain more of what the Ways were and why they were made, not just what it used to look like. That was another way it felt like his character was again underutilised. 

Machin Shin being in their own voices was a good idea, but not creepy enough for me. There was no real indication that it was a real threat. It was just the mean girl of the Ways lol. I'd have to watch it again to be sure, but did they even explain what it was beyond it being "the black wind" and not to listen to what it said?

I did like the Ways set though.

Moiraine setting the Red Ajah on Mat was an interesting choice. I guess that explains the changes to Amalisa (good catch Asc on the Accepted ring).

The Amyrlin Seat being Moiraine's downfall in Min's vision is interesting. I presume that this will actually be tied to Elaida or Egwene.

Moiraine (and it seems the whole Tower's) knowledge of Min's ability is potentially a bit plot hole-y. If she saw a vision around Tam when she was a child and knew it was about the rebirth of the dragon (which seemed to be the implication) then why was Moiraine so uncertain on the prophecy? She must have known about it, surely, and she doesn't seem to mistrust Min's ability, she describes it as seeing glimpses of the future. It seemed like Moiraine going to the Two Rivers was because of Min to me, so why wasn't she looking for a baby born on the slopes of dragonmount?

The set for Fal Dara was brilliant, my favourite so far.

Highlights for me:

The Blood Snow sequence. Tigraine was fierce!

Rand's whispered snark "If Loial needs our patience we're all gonna die"

Lan introducing "this is Nynaeve" almost exactly like he introduced Moiraine in episode 1 (plus Bukama's expression, I assume that's who it was anyway). I just adore their relationship.

Rand telling Egwene he would go to the White Tower and be her warder *cries*

Uno (needed more flaming Uno). I'm not sure if Uno was so short in the books, but I loved how little he is in the show.

Asc, I don't know what the thing that disappointed you was, but I'm curious!
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |

Messages In This Thread
WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Ascendancy - 12-17-2021, 03:16 AM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 12:36 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Nox - 12-17-2021, 12:59 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 06:22 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 07:53 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 10:25 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-18-2021, 09:36 AM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-18-2021, 09:23 PM