This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS
(12-17-2021, 07:53 PM)Thalia Wrote: I just saw someone on twitter describe Rand's epiphany as post-nut clarity and now I can't stop laughing XD Maybe he really did only figure it out in that moment Tongue

Oh jeez! that is awesome. The cobwebs are gone. 

Definitely too subtle for my tastes as well. Consensus on a lot of hardcore fan reactions is that they wished the E5 had more character time. But overall, it was a climax/relief. There's still a lot ahead.

But the cat is out of the bag. As I said, I need to rewatch because I feel like Rand realized sooner than the flashback scene. In which case, his whole thing with the triangle or archery and egwene seems odd. Not because they happened, but, the fact that we didn't see any angst on his part of what that meant. Because it IS a hugh fucking deal!!! It should at least be somewhat obvious that what he's mad/worried about is NOT whatever is actually going on at the moment.

Yeah, it makes sense about the supposed triangle- as in that seems correct. But as a narrative choice, I don't see the need for this. Was completely unnecessary and my honest to god reaction was "oh crap. Is this Twilight now? Teen romance angst. Team Rand or Team Perrin?" I was thankful it ended quickly and seems resolved.

But still completely unnecessary and stupid to even have flirted with that idea. Manufactured drama, as I said.

I like world weary Min. She definitely seems older, which she was. She didnt call him sheepherder (that I noticed) but she definitely seems like she is too old for him. 

And that scene with Egwene and Rand- Ill stand by your side no matter what happens- I couldn't help but think of Jesus Rand facing an angry Amyrlin Egwene in book 13. And how far they'd come. Somehow, I think this kind of foundation makes their later relationship richer. And maybe she won't be quite such a bitch to him (sorry, but that was and is my honest reaction to her then. I better not get started on Egwene and her demanding respect for her elected office but not giving any to the actual Dragon himself, chosen by the pattern...Nope. Better shut up.) At one point she realizes that while she could never trust the dragon, she could always trust Rand. That it was no accident they grew up together and had the relationship they had. That maybe they will actually FEEL like allies in the last battle instead of enemies in truce (at least as I saw her.)

This is consistently an egwene who can be strong and call out Rand (as Nynaeve did) and it be from the right place. I think this is a much needed improvement.

BAh, should just rewatch.

Messages In This Thread
WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Ascendancy - 12-17-2021, 03:16 AM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 12:36 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Nox - 12-17-2021, 12:59 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 06:22 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 07:53 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Marcus DuBois - 12-17-2021, 08:13 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-17-2021, 10:25 PM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-18-2021, 09:36 AM
RE: WOT on Prime Episode 7 - SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-18-2021, 09:23 PM