This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Arrangements
Elyse and Ana worked throughout the day removing some of the more hideous wallpaper and getting the walls ready for painting. Ana was right, it would look great rather quickly.

Elyse wasn't used to doing this sort of thing. She was a hunter, but she listened to Ana and followed her instructions. Elyse learned a lot that day, and for that she was grateful.

When they finished, Nox still wasn't home. He was probably out with his friend by now. Elyse decided to wait until he came home. She could use some time to herself anyways. When she was released from her duties, Elyse began to explore and familiarize herself with the house.

She found herself in a room lined with bookshelves. Elyse looked all of the books, not remembering the last time she saw so many. Come to think of it, she didn't remember the last time she read a book. She walked up to the shelf and pulled on out. Reading the back of it, it seemed interesting enough.

A slight sound made her turn around. She saw Christian and smiled. "Good evening. I hope it's okay that I was looking around."

"Of course, Elyse," he said with a smile. "You live here.

Elyse returned his smile. "Then I'm assuming it's okay if I borrow this book to read?"

He nodded. "Of course,"

It was the first real conversation Elyse had had with Chrstian. Elyse was glad to not feel so alone. She took the book to her room and sat on the bed, opening it. Elyse had heard of it before, but had never read it. She knew it was old - very old, but it excited her nonetheless.

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort."

It was an interesting start. It at least caught her attention. She decided to read until Nox got home.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Dorian - 10-03-2016, 06:28 AM
[No subject] - by Elyse - 10-03-2016, 08:28 AM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 10-03-2016, 11:19 AM
[No subject] - by Elyse - 10-04-2016, 08:40 AM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 10-04-2016, 09:27 AM
[No subject] - by Elyse - 10-04-2016, 10:11 AM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 10-04-2016, 11:16 AM
[No subject] - by Elyse - 10-04-2016, 05:21 PM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 10-05-2016, 05:57 AM
[No subject] - by Elyse - 10-11-2016, 08:55 AM