This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A New Day
These two knew how to stick to a story. If it weren’t for that nagging feeling like he was being taken for all he was worth, Jaxen would have lifted his glass in recognition of fellow con-artists. Course, this was Jaxen, he wasn’t exactly the most trusting guy in the world, and as soon as Tony mentioned meditation, resentment shot through his imagination.

“Let’s get one thing one thing straight, boys.”
He sat up in the chair and swiped his own bottle from the side-table in a single, smooth motion. He devoted a considerable moment to swirling the rich liquid within then poured it carefully. Whatever animus whirlpooled behind his cold expression, he was unafraid of revealing it to the likes of these two.

Rivers of amber trickled between the ice cubes, and the tantalizing scent of liquid money curled upward. Not that money meant a thing in the world, but power did, and with power, came control, and when a man is in control, nothing can get under his skin.

Jaxen sat the bottle aside once more and fixed Tony with an unintimidated stare. It was a bit of his own show: the leading comment followed by a long pause. Jaxen was very much aware of who he thought was in charge.

”I bend knee to nobody. I pray to no god, and I take orders from no god.”
Deep down, a stewing sense of rage churned, deep in his gut. This was who he was. Independent, free, and cut loose. Shackling himself to hierarchy simply wasn’t in the cards, but at the moment, his indignation was little more than annoyance at their implications: that he depended on them.

”The higher power, yahweh, creator, devil, or the whatever great spirit that binds and animates all things hippie--they can all suck my dick for all I care. So call me a priest one more time, and I will rip your fucking balls off and feed them to the same Sickos that gnawed on your little girlfriend, and believe me, you will bitch louder than she did.”

He shot Michael a daring glance. He hadn't technically mentioned Katalina, but the threat was there. Push him, and he’d tell Tony everything. That their little girl was alive and well, but Mickey got off on crushing her bones to powder. Jax held the man’s gaze, conveying the lie with every flicker of his clenched jaw until he was sure they had an understanding.

In that last speech, his grip on the glass had tightened unawares, just as every muscle in his body had tensed. In that moment, Jaxen felt invincible. Through the rush, he smiled, amused by the whole ordeal. Something felt very, very right about all this.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 08-17-2013, 12:32 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 08-17-2013, 03:08 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 08-18-2013, 07:59 AM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 08-18-2013, 08:48 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 08-18-2013, 09:37 AM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 08-18-2013, 10:40 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 08-18-2013, 11:05 AM
[No subject] - by Tony Soloyov - 08-18-2013, 11:36 AM