This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Monkey King's School of the Mystical Arts
Li looked around the empty dojo. "Are you busy now? Where do you want to start? Monster lore or fighting."

Mik thought about it for a second. The monster stuff sounded cool. But he wasn't the best student. By which it probably would have to be beaten into his head. He remembered stuff much better with his blood hot.

Which made sense to him. Stuff that might get you killed or hurt tended to put you in a mighty remembering mood. The Lady might be a bitch, but she didn't leave you helpless

He slipped off his red leather jacket. "Yeah, I got nothin' goin' on today. I'm game." He stretched, his arms out and felt the tightness of his button down. Jeans weren't great either. He looked at Li. "I'm thinkin 'I need to change though. You rent out gear or whatever?"

It wasn't usual, usually required purchase, but renting and laundry sounded decent too though not many people would want to wear someone else's clothes. "I assume you don't get the chance to change in a fight on the street. But there is a change of clothes in the locker room, the attendant will help sort you out."

[[ with Mik ]]
“What you must do," said Monkey, "is lure the monster from its hiding place, but be certain it is a fight you can survive.” 
― Wu Cheng'en, Monkey: The Journey to the West

biography

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Monkey King's School of the Mystical Arts - by Tan Li - 03-19-2019, 09:45 AM