This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Monkey King's School of the Mystical Arts
Mik laughed as he shook Li's hand. "Ha ha! Well you busted me I guess. Nah. When shit's going down, you fight or you lose. Me, I don't like to lose."

As Li spoke his eye flashed to the artifact the man had shown him, as well as where the scar had been. This time, he wasn't thinking about the slash across his tight abs, or the the tapered V that dipped down. He was imagining that bone or tusk or whatever from the- Oni was it?- the Oni slashing at him, his guts spilling out. He'd seen that once, on the streets.

He frowned, hand going into his pocket and feeling the lighter. A bit of calm slipped in and he thought he heard a tinkle. Or maybe a laugh. The Lady. He considered and then seized the power, forming air into a blade. After a moment, he added a thread of fire to the edge. His eyes flicked up to meet Li's.

Half a grin formed and he said, "So...no street fighting." His lopsided grin remained and he was as cool as ice as the blade extended and lengthened. No fun in spoiling the joke by pointing it out.

Idly, he slashed it around a bit. "Yeah, I suck at this. Be dead in ten seconds flat. Twelve if I'm lucky." That bitch would see it so, too, he knew. So it was good he was here. He let the blade go and fixed the man with a curious stare. "Gotta be a way to use the power to kill those things, right? Maybe we can come up with something."
"Good and ill. 
We're like the wind, 
we blows both ways."
- Mad Sweeney, American Gods

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Monkey King's School of the Mystical Arts - by Mikhail - 04-23-2019, 09:55 PM