This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Brutal Reality
Nox watched as Viktor Lih came up to him with donuts. Of all cliche's he could have brought coffee. Nox set his cup down and watched as Lih talked to Nova. It was odd that the man knew his dog. But then he had been to the mansion before and Nova would have been there. It was slightly off putting but Nox let it slide didn't mention that or the donuts, but he didn't take one. He'd had breakfast enough and coffee was about all he really wanted in his stomach as they went down into the depths of the earth. The smells and the power didn't mix and sometimes it made the stomach sick up. Nox didn't want to taste sweet donuts coming back up. He shuddered at the thought.

Lih went off to try to contact the police on his comms he could hear him trying to get though so Nox spoke loudly. "We don't want back up. Too many guns and we'll all die. So just check in and give us a few hours but don't coming looking for us." Nox knew this was dangerous. He knew the kid had to be scared. Again Nox was reminded that didn't always equate to experience.

Ivan arrived with only a gun. He was either confident in himself or expected Nox to have more. But then both men weren't armeed to the teeth as he'd expected. It was good that he'd brought more than enough.

Nox unpacked his bag. But first things first. "Sage said you went offline a while ago." Nox held up a small oval container with a pair of land warrior lens that Sage had give him. "I can't help you use them, but the controls are linked into my land warriors so I can manipulate the maps and things you see, but how you can do it yourself I don't know. That's something you'd have to take up with Sage's guy cause even Sage won't know."

Nox pulled out his own trusty land warriors, the lens were a little scratched in the front but it didn't get in the way and he was used to them. The second pair - the pair Aria had used were in perfectly good shape. "These were Aria's. They should do you well." Nox put them aside for Ivan.

Nox pulled the collapsed crossbow and stood up hanging it on his left belt loop. The bolts were slung through the ammo pouch like the small vials of stuff was. He pulled out the glass shards and dumped in the handful of glass he'd made earlier. then stuck it in it's little compartment for later use.

He checked his gun and strapped a second beretta to his belt. He pushed a few other guns at Lih and Ivan. "You can never have too much." Nova trotted up to Nox and he ran his fingers through the Husky's thick fur. "you stay with me now." He said as he strapped remander of the weapons to Nova's back on his harness. Today Nova would go leashless but he listened most of the time, hoopefully in the heat of battle things would be alright. This was dangerous, but it was also very necessary. Nova needed experience, no better way than with others to help just in case.

"So this is how it's going to work. I'm going to take point. Ivan you got the rear. The land warriors have a visual and detailed map of where I've been and what I've found. The location where Dorian thinks he left Pavlo's body is marked on the map. It's a bit of a way in. But not too far. He was running from Atharim and was using it as a trap, so that's where we start." Nox started up the land warriors and got their positions. "The land warriors also so our vitals, so pay attention, if one of us goes red we get the fuck out." Nox started in to the tunnels. "And now we move. If we get into a mass of these things. Ivan, you take the far ranges. Lih, it's your job to watch our back and try to catch any that get past Ivan. I'll help you with that but I'll be taking on the ones that come in close. No wild shooting. A bullet to the head is a far better shot than center mass. Roug's hearts are shifted so even though they look human they aren't."

Nox drew upon the source and wove a thick wall of air in front of them. It only needed to be completed in order to stop whatever was in front of them. The land warriors cameras saw nothing, but he wasn't looking through the feeds. He had them off. He couldn't zoom in like Sage could he needed to see in order to weave. And that was why he was here. Nox split his flow and made good old stand by fire and air razor whip and tied it off at his side. He would be ready.

Nox spoke quietly but he rambled on about what they might encounter to break up the silence. Silence was good but at this present moment Nox didn't want there to be silence. A missing body was not a good thing. And Nox wanted to look around to see what they could find. A trail, a patch of darkened rock anything that said this thing was true and dead, but he didn't hold out hope. The cops found nothing and Nox didn't like that one bit.

Messages In This Thread
The Brutal Reality - by Nox - 07-09-2019, 10:47 AM
RE: The Brutal Reality - by Lih - 07-11-2019, 05:38 PM
RE: The Brutal Reality - by Ivan Sarkozy - 07-12-2019, 10:56 PM
RE: The Brutal Reality - by Nox - 07-13-2019, 04:02 PM
RE: The Brutal Reality - by Lih - 07-16-2019, 01:39 AM
RE: The Brutal Reality - by Ivan Sarkozy - 07-16-2019, 08:52 PM
RE: The Brutal Reality - by Nox - 07-17-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: The Brutal Reality - by Lih - 07-18-2019, 09:20 PM
RE: The Brutal Reality - by Ivan Sarkozy - 07-20-2019, 04:50 AM
RE: The Brutal Reality - by Lih - 07-20-2019, 05:58 PM
RE: The Brutal Reality - by Nox - 07-20-2019, 07:48 PM