This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Jump
Nika's expression mirrored the amount of shit she was giving herself in her head. “I'm sorry, I just don't want you to think I'm some disrespectful ass who…”  She made another face, slow to process the other woman’s initial excitement and then deflation.  “If I'm going to ask someone out it'll be done properly, not like some jerk on the street.”  Because who hadn't been on the receiving end of that?  She said a phrase in Italian and then explained the meaning.  “Since it's already out in the Universe, why not?”  Nika's nearly black eyes were confident over a smile. “Would you like to have dinner sometime?”  She quirked a brow.  “Unless I’m making even more of an ass of myself than usual in thinking you draw on everyone’s cup…”  She whispered.  “Do you draw on everyone’s cup?”  

Nika squinted and nodded, continuing to make fun of herself in an increasingly desperate bid to make the other woman feel better.  “You’re so suave, Nika...said no one ever.”  Did she date?  Not really, clearly.  No time for it or interest or prospects; the list was endless.  The coffee shop manager’s full reaction was now settling in.  Oh sweetie...please don’t be sad.  You’re super cute!  Can’t say that though, dumbass!  “No strings attached, no expectations.  Just dinner with a weird, socially clueless java freak who really doesn’t want to get thrown out of the best coffee shop in the city.”  Nika pursed her lips.  Stop talking you idiot!  “I’m just going to keep rambling until you tell me to shut up.”  Oh my gods.  She frowned briefly, a thought just occurring.  “Or until you throw cappuccino in my face.”  Nika, stiff as a rod except for her arm and hand, made a very deliberate and exaggerated motion to slide her cup away from the other woman.

Messages In This Thread
A Jump - by Liv - 07-14-2019, 04:52 AM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-14-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-16-2019, 04:40 PM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-17-2019, 12:52 AM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-17-2019, 04:15 PM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-17-2019, 11:29 PM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-19-2019, 06:06 PM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-21-2019, 01:50 AM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-21-2019, 03:36 AM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-21-2019, 03:05 PM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-21-2019, 07:49 PM