This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Jump
So maybe she wasn’t going to be thrown out on her ass...yet.  The giggle was encouraging.  Wasn’t it?  Unless she’s laughing at you.  Hmm.  Liv’s words prompted a chewed lip and a nod.  “Well, you don’t have to either, yet here we are...”  Nika felt as though she was up a creek sans paddle.  Not a comfortable feeling.  In fact, the very feeling she worked actively avoiding with a passion, when she could help it.  “...two humans, no app...can’t swipe real life away.”  Nika looked a little pained and continued to ramble to herself.  Plans.  Plans were good, the best in fact.  Nika was an avid planner; she had plans for her plans and then plans for those plans.  Backup plans, backup-backup plans and then a plan for every letter of the alphabet.  “I mean, I’ll go away...I can certainly leave if you want me to, just say the word.”  You’re rambling again.  The tangent continued.  That wasn’t to say she couldn’t be spontaneous or adapt to new situations, it was just that, well, the well-prepared assassin typically was the one still alive.  Racing was approached the same way.  There was a strategy involved that yes, could very easily go out the window at the first corner but it was still there.  Present.  Nika was an all-or-nothing type of person; there was no middle ground with her.  Stop talking to yourself!

Nika remained outwardly confident, dead set on making her earlier faux pas right with the universe.  “...I think it’s a great idea though, I really do.”  She offered a lop-sided grin.  “Will you be hungry when you’re off tonight?”  Too soon?  “Hmm.  I sound like a stalker.  Too stalker-y?”  Stop talking!  Dark eyes twinkled above a dimple.  “I mean, it would save the stress of standing in the closet for an hour trying on everything we own, only to settle on an outfit and then panic on the way out the door because you might be too formal or too casual and man, do my socks match?  Then, did I forget to brush my teeth?”  Nika frowned thoughtfully and offered an admission in hopes of clearing the air.  “I don’t date people.”  What?  “Err...or anything else.”  Her brow furrowed but in jest.  “I have a close relationship with my car?”  Oh god.  Stop...talking!  Sweet cheese and crackers.  Nika laughed.  Why not?  Why the hell not?  It was liberating.

Messages In This Thread
A Jump - by Liv - 07-14-2019, 04:52 AM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-14-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-16-2019, 04:40 PM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-17-2019, 12:52 AM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-17-2019, 04:15 PM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-17-2019, 11:29 PM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-19-2019, 06:06 PM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-21-2019, 01:50 AM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-21-2019, 03:36 AM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-21-2019, 03:05 PM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-21-2019, 07:49 PM