This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Internal Affairs
Dorian shrugged. "I last saw Mr. Durante before you showed up. I could say the same of you. You were the last officer to see him."
Dorian knew that line of questioning wasn't going to get him on Abt's good side, but did he really think he was hiding Nox?

"You could. But I did not request a transfer. And that's what the paperwork says to an undisclosed facility."

Dorian shrugged. "It's above my pay grade. You'd be able to determine if I printed or forged some document. So why are you asking me?"

Abt sighed. Dorian must have pegged his exact thoughts. "Then our business here is concluded. You have one hour to settle your affairs."

"Is that a threat Officer Abt?"

The man just grinned at Dorian. "Take it however you feel. One hour."

Dorian had been clearly dismissed. He had one hour to settle his affairs. Meaning the Atharim were going to kill him. But they were giving him time to let his family know. Dorian should have gone home. Hugged Cruz one last time. He should have kissed Ana's cheek a last time. Shook Christian's hand. But instead he made a phone call.

Christian picked up his personal line. "Dorian?"

"My affairs are in order?"

"Always. Is this that call?"

Dorian sighed. Christian had known far longer than anyone that one day he'd call, or someone would call telling him he was dead. No one would call Cruz, or Ana, they would only call Christian and Christian would take care of his family. All of them. And now he was making that one call. The last one.

Dorian wasn't going to run. But he wasn't going to go down without a fight either. "I might make it out today. And maybe tomorrow. But there is a price on my head, same as Nox."

"Yes, sir. I will insure the family is safe. It has been an honor. What should I tell them?"

"Whatever you need to Christian to make sure they don't take action. Especially Cruz. Nox is a bad influence."

"Yes, sir. But if I can interject. Come home. Let us help."

"I can't. If I do Ana or Cruz or you could get hurt. I can't do that."

"Dorian, let us make that choice, we know now. Let us choose."

Dorian sighed. "I'll be there in twenty."
And then he hung up. Christian was right, they had the right to choose their own path, much like Ivan, Alex and Calvin did. Why did everyone want to jump into the line of fire for those they loved. Dorian didn't have an answer to that. But he set his badge and his gun in the drawer in his desk and he walked out of Domovoi probably for the last time.

Edited by Dorian, Feb 8 2018, 01:34 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Dorian - 01-30-2018, 07:23 AM
RE: Internal Affairs - by Yun Kao - 08-13-2018, 08:45 PM
RE: Internal Affairs - by Dorian - 08-13-2018, 08:51 PM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-06-2018, 11:45 AM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 02-08-2018, 01:22 PM
[No subject] - by Yun Kao - 02-09-2018, 04:58 PM
[No subject] - by Cruz - 02-12-2018, 07:09 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-12-2018, 01:30 PM
[No subject] - by Yun Kao - 05-25-2018, 02:09 PM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 05-29-2018, 04:15 PM