The First Age

Full Version: Temporarily disabling posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, all.

In the next few days, we will temporarily disable posting while forum migration takes place.

I will post another note immediately before posting is disabled to give you all a heads up. But wanted to make you aware that it is likely to happen in the nearish future.

Once all is back on, let's all give our great friend, Nox, lots of praise and adoration for the hard work being put into this process.

Thanks,
Asc
We are shooting to disable posting so we transfer everything without missing any of our lovely posts on Saturday morning.

If everything goes well hopefully we'll have a new set of forums to play with with a lot more bells and whistles and the the potential of adding more as we go along.

There are several things that I'll need to relay to you, as I don't have access to your account information emails and passwords are not going to be correct. I'll relay that information to you hopefully in some way. Even if it's a PM or something Asc has to send out to us all through the boards (don't even know if that's possible)

I haven't tested the account switcher yet but it looks pretty cool so that will be something to play with too. Some things are going to break Tables I couldn't get to transfer correctly so any post with a table in them is gonna be all code, we'll work on fixing all them up as we find them, we can do tables it's just not working in the conversion process... [Image: 4.png]

So hopefully next week we'll have a new home we will eventually all be under thefirstage.org for the first time, this makes me happy [Image: 1.png]
Much excite!

So that will be Saturday afternoonish for me then. Any idea how long it will take?

So glad there is an account switcher even if it's not been tested yet lol.
Getting all the posts shouldn't take more than an hour, and shouldn't take more than that to push them into the database for the new forums. That's if everything goes smoothly and thus far the last few times I've tested it, it has.
Fingers crossed for a smooth transition [Image: 1.png]
Also,

If anyone feels ambitious. I need to move all the information from the first age website to our new hosting system. Just text and images for all the pages.

I'm not sure if there is an easy way to do the news and mythos pages, but hopefully we can find a way. I haven't dug very deep.

This you can help with now. I have to make the site pretty, but it's working.

Let me know if you'd like to help out or have the time and I'll set you up an account. (Note this is the same login you'll have to add wiki articles and is separate from the forums. If you want to add wiki pages you are more than welcome to, but I'm hoping I can export and import them at least...I hope.)
I volunteer to sit around, look pretty, and make sure you guys do everything right.

In all seriousness, thanks for the work. Looks way beyond my level.
I have the time. Not sure that I have the know-how though.
You don't need know how. It's copy and paste, if formatting is off then we can edit it later, biggest thing I need is saving the text and images.
Ah, okay. Pretty sure I can handle copy and paste [Image: 18.png]