The First Age

Full Version: Season 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(07-13-2023, 08:35 PM)Ascendancy Wrote: [ -> ]The poster is really pretty. I like the colored threads and new Mat.

I really like the novice dress, very distinctive. Though the still image floating around of Nynaeve in the Accepted one looks a bit meh. I think it has the flame on the cuffs in the different ajah colours but it looks odd to me, like it's just been stamped with ink.

There's a new prime ad clip floating around with a very short bit of Egwene channeling what look like different threads. Looks good! I think we may get the trailer drop next week. Hope so!
Trailer Wednesday!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-1OT1jxuQo

Season 2 trailer!

I love the song in the background, it gave me chills! Lots of glimpses of everyone, but I think there were fewest of Mat. I think I spy two Forsaken! Which makes me pretty happy. Not sure what the bloody girl is, but maybe its a Forsaken being released from Shayol Ghul? 

I do like the colorful threads, I think. Will need to see it in action. 

Lots of shots in what I assume is the Aiel Waste. 
I think we see Hopper! and I love the golden eyes. 
Lots of scenes I think inside the three Arches. I also wonder if the bit of Rand on that Wheel contraption is a scene from the Arch and one of the girls has to leave him behind.
Do we also see young Moraine and Siuan? They're both in Blue outfits and look pretty young.
I also like that we get to see more faraway shots of places like Tar Valon and the courtyard with the Seanchan. 

I read that due to the Hollywood union strikes, the actors or amazon can't promote the show. So no interviews. No appearances. Nothing. Season 1 was plagued by Covid and now season 2 is going to get far less fan-fare than it should. This poor show.
So if they heal Mat in this season they better give us the fight scene with the royal brats!
Very little glimpses of Mat though we do see him staring intently at the dagger. But we do see the chest being opened by Turak, which is suppose to contain the dagger and the Horn. So the dagger is definitely present. 

I also wonder if the weird scene with the wheel contraption is part of visions the group experiences when Rand uses the Portal Stone on their way to Toman Head. They clearly reach Toman Head given the scene where Rand is approaching the Seanchan dais in that courtyard. I assume that's when he duels Turak. I guess since Rand is suppose to fight Ishy in the 'skies' that explains why Ishy is actually present down there. He's lurking around because they end up fighting.
Oh I enjoyed the trailer! Rand's black jacket is gorgeous. Weirdly that song comes up regularly on my writing playlist.

I think the bloody girl must be Lanfear. Yay Hopper and the golden eyes! The darkfriend meet looks far more civilised than I imagined lol.

I wonder if the wheel scene is TAR. He looks surprised to discover himself there.

Asc I agree that Moiraine and Siuan look younger in the blue outfits. Since S is in blue I think you're right that it's in the past. Good catch.

Nox, I think there has been something in a previous release/teaser/stills that suggests we will get that scene with Mat.
My only concern is that they might use it later and not when it's supposed to be. One of the best parts of the whole scene is that Mat is recovering from being healed from the dagger's taint and he beats not one but two well trained boys/men who think they are the shit.
Ah yes that's true
Since season 1 aired and I had time to process it, my like for it was greatly reduced. I found myself mostly not caring about season 2. I'd probably watch it out of trainwreck/morbid curiosity. But esp after having reread/reviewed the series over the last year, I had little hope they'd course correct.

The trailer is good. If it lives up to the promise and tells a balanced story, if it gets the characters and themes right, if it respects the source material (even though I 100% expect major changes), it may pull me back in.

But I am cautious about being excited or hopeful. In hindsight, my enjoyment of season 1 only got less and less as I had time to really analyze how I felt. I do not accept covid as the excuse because a lot of the problems were from the very start- including the black box mystery of who the dragon was. That mystery prevented any real characterization as it might have made it tol obvious who it was. Love triangles. Perrins wife. The incredibly great but out of place AS warder story at a time when the series should have been fleshing out the main characters (in a short season, it was time they couldnt afford.)

I am afraid. The trailer looks great. Seeing Lanfear with Rand (if thats who it is- im holding her protectively in a way that reminded me of how she posed as Selene and needed his help) was amazing. A lot looks great about it. (Though can they please dirty things up? Make clothes/sets that looked lived in? The lived in universe feel George Lucas pioneered from the beginning?)

But I am choosing to be more guarded. I don't want a repeat of my season 1 experience.

But hopefully....
I think they have officially confirmed that actress as being Lanfear.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7