The First Age

Full Version: the ouroboros tat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wanted to clear something up that perhaps I didn't explain very well. The atharim's ouroboros tattoo is wildly different from person to person. Its individualized to the person's liking. The only similarity is the location. the inner left forearm.

Furthermore, dragons and snakes are incredibly popular. There will be many, many people with the image tattooed on them, probably even on an arm, who are not Atharim.

Likely some people have a simple little circle, of the plain, thin snake eating its own tail, but others will have full tattoo sleeves with a tiny, hidden image of a the symbol hidden among a more complex, full tattoo. For instance, Nikolai's was a long, slender shape with a single twist in the center more like an infinity symbol and looks much more like a dragon than a snake.

So you can see how the concept of many people all bearing the exact same tattoo going overlooked all this time is kind of a false notion. As any and all of these below in any range of sizes, even encircling the arm itself, could count as an 'atharim' tattoo. Likewise consider the history of tattooing as well. It's widespread practice was not adopted until the last century.

[Image: 42518e51-51ab-4985-bd0a-fa7b7610f0ef_zps9028174b.jpg][Image: 9b9d5525-bbe5-48d9-b47d-ae27f733bfa0_zps8149e9c0.jpg]
[Image: 848f39a1-7f21-4dc5-a9d9-5818e963e46b_zpsead33ec7.jpg][Image: 7cef6568-6119-4922-bcf5-583beb4851ca_zps570a16ef.jpg]
This is what Aria has: http://blog.rats.at/tag/ouroboros
This is totally not a response to the last post in A Friend in Need, right? [Image: 1.png] Good idea because I wouldn't want him to be spreading any misconceptions. Jon's knowledge of the Atharim is very far removed from the source so he's a bit of an unreliable narrator.
Mine is a small simple circle. I like the crescent shape in this image. But Regus does not have the tree image.

Seth's just got a little black snake biting its tail in a circle. Nothin' crazy.
Aw, come on Nick, Seth should totally have a "Three more payments and this baby's mine" tattoo. Fire breathing eagle with big talons flying through the snake and stuff.
Of course not, Jon!
Lol dear leader. As an aside, this thread sent me on a hunt for a suitably Badass tat to suggest to Nick and it led me to see just how popular the symbol is in mainstream. Either that or there are a LOT of Atharim out there and they aren't shy about it.
Maybe that was my evil plan all along....
Lol, don't you know the first rule to being a successful super villain is never reveal your evil plot until it really is too late to stop it?

Speaking of shocking revelations nobody saw coming, I'll have a new tattoo up shortly. Mwahaha.

Pages: 1 2