The First Age

Full Version: Now that's a fish story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"I'm glad to hear that Elias, and if we are not on ship or in training, please call me Manix. If you like I can provide rooms for ye and ur guest, that choice is ur of course, but I think it would make things easier. This Mr Oakland, if he no wishes to train, that is fine, then he can stay here on land. Asha, I can no train you in the power, not like I can with Elias, However, maybe sitting in and listening will give you ideas on how to try something new. There is just something different about men and women using the power, I dont understand."
He waved the conversation to SynJyn.

"Elias, I know Manix will do all he can to help you grow and learn more about the power, I would also like you and Asha to train with my Vikings. That goes for anyone else who comes aboard. I feel it is important you familiar with our battle tactics as well as the power, we have no idea what it will take to take down this Kaiju."

"Elias All this talk of command and training has nothing to do with Ego, it has to do with continuity of battle and command. Only one can be in charge and I can not waste time arguing when there is a fight afoot, I hope that clears up why I am hard nose about this. we have given you much to think about. Would ye like like some time to confer with ur friends. If so I can inform the front guards, direct admittance to the Eastwing, where you and ur friend can stay , and still have privacy?"

Manix hoped they would take the offer of residence, he could see this man was not used to trusting people and did what he did to further his own goals, that was fine. The Eastwing, he once offered to Aria was it own secured area. He did not bother telling him that, doubting he would believe that Manix left a portion of his home unmonitored.

Edited by Manix, Oct 5 2016, 12:20 PM.
There wasn't any chance of her staying behind in the hotel.

Asha offered a smile to each stranger when introduced, but was otherwise a quiet and curious observer. Discipline overwhelmed the more transient emotions of the men here; the most interesting sense actually being that of Elias himself. She'd grown used to the defensive way he interacted with others - his penchant for biting before being bitten - but instead witnessed what felt like the swell of - confidence? It prompted a small tilt of her lips as they were ushered into Captain SynJyn's office.

An inquisitive gaze took in the sparsity of the furnishings, her other senses fluttering to an understanding of the gruff man behind the desk before she set eyes on him. Elias did the talking for them both, and she was content to let him. She noticed the fall of his hand when they sat, and the consideration warmed a space in her chest. It wasn't necessary; this place was full of others, but they were so focused on their tasks the interference with her abilities was minimal. She wasn't weak, nor wanted to be seen as such - least of all now, but she did squeeze his fingers before placing her hands in her lap.

From SynJyn's office they were led away and introduced to Manix. Asha hung back, allowing the men to talk. She was curious about this whole place, though her gaze snapped back when seconds on the heels of Elias's disappearance, Manix winked out too. The surprise registered on her face, followed by a sort of bemused acceptance. The world had grown strange, but she found her tolerance levels greatly increased. She'd spent her life investigating these mysteries anyway. It had been a small step to accept them.

The idea of training - whatever that entailed - was the only thing to crease a frown on her brow; at least when she realised she had been included in the order. When Manix addressed her she realised he had misunderstood. "Oh. Oh, no. No one can teach me,"
she said. "I'm not like either of you."
SynJyn studied the quiet girl when she finally spoke up. "M'lady, Maybe Manix can't train you, but you are welcome to train with the Vikings. Elias isn't the only one that needs to know how to respond to a battle scenario and gender means nothing within the Viking ranks. The options, for both of you are simple, basic tactical skill or full out training."

SynJyn was quickly calculating the time frame needed for getting them up to speed. I doubted there was going to be time for the full 6 month Viking "Hell" course, tho that is what he preferred. He decided while the 2 conferred with their friends he would talk to his LPO's about the best course of action. The main point of any of their training was simply to keep them alive and not let them do anything wrong to kill others.
After the girl spoke, Manix wondered if she was like Aria, tho he never understood her power. "I understand Asha, I have met others that have powers that are different than what Elias and I use. If ye be joining our ranks and if ye be willing, maybe you could tell me about them. That be no order, only a humble request. I spend as much time in research as I do training."

The thought of learning something new excited Manix, he didn't want to push the girl any. Lately his research has been lacking and the thought of something new was stimulating.
Elias' expression was deadpan while Manix and Synjyn explained their offers to Asha. She probably shouldn't go at all. It would be dangerous and she was all but defenseless. Something stayed the order from his tongue. He wanted her to be there. Wanted her to see when he slayed the beast. Without Manix and Damien. Him. Elias Donovan, confronting the creature, ordering it aside, forcing it to obey, to yield to his command. He wanted her to smile and clap when he ripped it's throat out with anchors of Rage.

But he wasn't strong enough yet. Dammit. He knew he wasn't. The earth moved beneath his feet. Sidewalks cracked at his steps. Snow and water swirled with his whim. But he wasn't strong enough yet. Not to mention being strong enough to delve into the depths of the Pacific and retrieve the energy source that his uncle originally tracked.

To stay with him? His first instinct was to roll his eyes and cross his arms as if to call Manix's bluff on the joke. But impatience was motivating. Neither did he like staying at Asha's with that ex-boyfriend of Aria's lurking around. Not to mention Nox and the rest knew where they were. To be lost would be welcome. But he was serious when he said he'd not leave Asha alone.

He turned to her, arms crossed. There was no need to speak in whispers. Manix and Synjyn were welcome to eavesdrop. He didn't care. He had nothing to hide. "I'll stay here but only if you do too. You should leave that apartment anyway."

He remembered the way she briefly squeezed his fingers. Since he'd dropped Rage, his emotions were open to her. He was eager, impatient and frustrated by his own limitations, but he seriously considered giving them up if she refused to come. It would go so much smoother if he was on site. Could train day and night. With Rage, anyway. Who needed rippling muscles when cords of Rage moved buildings?
Before she answered, a message from Damien pulled his gaze to the Wallet. He read the reply, suppressed the twist threatening to wrench his lips and looked back to Manix.

"Damien will come train. Just tell him when."

Damn. Elias half hoped the golden lord of Mexico would refuse if only to leave him behind. With Manix, they may not need another Rager. Then again, the beast was enormous, maybe one more wouldn't hurt.

Assuming Elias didn't kill him first. Just to be rid of him.

Quote:<dl>
<dt>From Damien</dt>
<dd> </dd>
</dl>
They both sound like lovely fellows. I can't wait to meet them. Give the good Captain my regards.
What made Manix think she was anything other than an ordinary human? Then again, Nox had guessed just by what he knew of Aria -- which suggested that perhaps Manix had met one of her kind before. Her uncle had always encourage her to keep her abilities secret; she knew now that there existed people who would kill her for what she was (and she suspected he had been one of them). But honesty was in her nature. She didn't think anything of nodding to his words, despite that it revealed she had something to hide.

The prospect of "training" still cast a shadow, but she acknowledged SynJyn's words anyhow. As to the other offer, Elias turned to her with folded arms and pronounced a judgement she could have guessed. Distraction stole an immediate answer from her lips. Home was an ephemeral concept to her, and she felt no emotional attachment to Aria's apartment. The bonds of friendship were something else, though; a thing she valued above all else. Nox had said he'd check on her in a few days, and she didn't want him to think she'd just up and left. Elias probably wouldn't approve, but she'd send him a message anyway.

She could sense how much it meant to Elias, and that would have swayed any reluctance on her part if she'd not already been willing. The emotions all swirled around in her head, too tight to unpick. She smiled, tilting her shoulders. "Then we'll stay here."
Manix nodded when Asha stated her intentions to remain, but also noticed neither one of them stated any interest in tactical training. This put Manix in a bad spot, without the proper training Elias could easily do something stupid and get himself or others killed. Manix decided they both needed to see the next training session between him and the Vikings.

"Very well, if ye have things to collect or accounts to settle, the front guards will be informed to let you in without all "due process" ye first went thru. Tonight is a special training session. The Vikings are training on how to fight power users, and I want ye there at 2000hrs. I hope both of ye will at least be opened minded enough to understand why I want you training with the Vikings."

Synjyn stood up at this point: "I'll take it a step further, failure to learn tactical training and how to operate within a team environment, ends this expedition on the spot."

Manix was glad SynJyn drove that home. "There be nothing in this for us to put our lives, the lives of our crew and our ships in harms way. At most it makes shipping lanes a wee bit safer. Revenge or fighting to show how strong we are is stupid, I won't let this turn into a swinging dick competition. Sorry for my language lass. If there is nothing else we'll be seeing ye tonight."

((OCC Asha had said " "Oh. Oh, no. No one can teach me," she said. "I'm not like either of you.", that is why Manix assumed some type of power.))
Elias could have gone without the lecture. He'd agreed on the training, not only that he needed the practice but also that he was not interested in dying at sea. He agreed to stay there so they could train around the clock. What else did Captain Manix want to hear?

He stifled the bubbles of irritation, told himself that Manix was only treating him like a kid because of the way he dressed. The guy wasn't exactly wearing a polo shirt and khakis. You'd think he'd get it. Great tattoos though. Elias had never thought about getting any until now.

At least Asha agreed to stay. She made life a little more tolerable. Truth was, he needed Manix and Synjyn. He needed their expertise and their ships. He hated that necessity, but he was moored in place otherwise. He needed them like he needed Damien.

"2000 hours. I'll be there."

He replied with a dark smile. He stood, "thank you."
The additional gratitude was not insincere.

He left to see if Asha needed help with her things. Otherwise, he planned on returning on time.
((Ooc: If you start that training thread I'll join it.))
Pages: 1 2 3