The First Age

Full Version: Time to Pick Up The Pieces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<big>Time to pick up the pieces.</big><small>Vulpesnet/Nicholas Trano</small>

When I woke up this morning, the country was in chaos. A disaster the scale of Dayton, OH has never been seen before. Now is a time for mourning, and a time for action however. In the past few hours I have seen a lot of talk directed towards seceding to the CCD over this: that is a bad idea.

Forty years ago, people used to play a guessing game of sorts. Whenever an act of terrorism or mass shooting happened, they would say "well, I wonder how much freedom the government's gonna take away this time." Don't give up your freedom for this, it's not worth it. Instead, it's time to help the survivors get back on their feet.

The Red Cross is already on the ground on the outskirts of Ohio providing people with medical care. Send them money and supplies if you can, they're going to need everything from water to antibiotics. And if you are in one of the surrounding states, they're really hurting for volunteers right now.

The national guard was deployed within a couple hours, and has been operating closer to the center of the incident, and so far evacuation has been very successful. Nearly every living person has been evacuated from the immediate area around the reactors and that evacuation bubble is expanding rapidly.

They have been organizing field hospitals and sending regular patrols through the areas still safe enough to travel, making sure to pick up any survivors they can. Army National Guard Lt. Randall Jones had this to say: "All options are on the table to get people out of the area. We have more than 200,000 men and women on the ground right now." The amount of guardsmen deployed in Ohio dwarfs the amount deployed during Hurricane Katrina almost two-to-one.

Ohio, and by extension this nation, will never be the same again. Now it's time to pick up the pieces, and move on. Mourn the dead, care for the living and don't let this pitfall stop us in our tracks. We still have a lot of work to do.

<small>Editor's note: Nicholas Trano has donated $5,000,000 to the Dayton, OH relief fund. If you would like to help out as well, a link can be found here
. </small>

<em>Published by Vulpesnet, 2045. U.S.A</em>

Comments are: <strong>OPEN</strong>

<small>((Comments are anonymous unless you state your character's name in the time tag: Comment: "NAME" (TIME TIMEZONE) ))</small>

Edited by Nick Trano, Aug 3 2013, 04:52 PM.
Well fuck me sideways, Trano actually does something decent. I hate you a little less now.

Craig Swintowne CA. - (1:01 PDT)

Edited by Michael Vellas, Aug 4 2013, 03:43 AM.
Comment: "V Weston" (2:00 PM, MSK)

Our hearts and thoughts go out to the victims of this tragedy.
COMMENT: "User" 12:02 AM, MSK

I wouldn't worry about the 5 mil, Tron. You'll get your return on investment in campaign contributions in no time.

Comment: "Tomahawk 232" 1:32 CDT

The Council of Native Americans will stand with Ohio. Though our people have suffered much of late, we gladly offer what aid we have to the suffering. Helping those who can still be helped is only the right thing to do. The Potowatomi tribes in southern Michigan have gracefully offered the use of their open lands to the Red Cross to provide shelter for the refugees and for construction of field hospitals to safely treat the sick. You are right about one thing, Mr. Trano, there is a lot of work to do.