The First Age
Cormac "Cor" Halcyon - Printable Version

+- The First Age (https://thefirstage.org/forums)
+-- Forum: News & Discussion (https://thefirstage.org/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Biographies & Backstory (https://thefirstage.org/forums/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Cormac "Cor" Halcyon (/thread-1658.html)

Cormac "Cor" Halcyon - Cor - 10-10-2024

Cormac "Cor" Halcyon

Origin: Moscow

Pyschological Description:  Having spent most of his life training for emergency situations, Cor works well under pressure. Seeing a lot of people in trauma situations has led him to have a dark sense of humor.

Physical Description:  He is 5’9” tall with blonde hair.  One eye is blue and the other green (Heterochromia).

Biography:

For as long as he could remember, Cor had been interested in fire.  He spent a good deal of his youth going to fire stations and talking to the fire fighters there.  They taught him and he was a natural.  His family members would soon find him pointing out potential fire hazards in the house, and they never had to worry about changing the batteries in their detectors.  He always did it for them.

Naturally, when he became of age, the fire department recruited him as a cadet. Cor studied hard learning not only fire suppression and rescue tactics, but emergency medical training as well.  As soon as he was eighteen, he was signed up as a paid on-call firefighter, entered the fire academy and began EMT training. By twenty-one, he was hired as a full-time firefighter/paramedic at the Moscow Fire Department. He served eventually reaching the rank of Captain.

In October of 2046, the current Chief decided to retire, and at the encouragement of his fire brothers, Cor applied for the position.  In November of 2046, he was offered and accepted the position of Moscow Fire Department Chief.

Cor is married to Anya Halcyon and they have two children: a daughter named Kimberly (18) and a son named Ja
ck (15)

“I will never allow personal feelings, nor danger to self, deter me from my responsibilities as Fire Chief; I will at all times respect the property and rights of all men and women, the laws of my country, and the members I serve with; I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith and trust, and I accept so long as I am true to the ethics of the fire service; I do solemnly swear that I have all of the qualifications required of my position and I accept this self-imposed and self-enforced obligation as my responsibility and make these promises so solemnly, freely, and upon my honor.”

Cor finished his oath of office, accepting the badge to applause. He was directed to the podium where the applause died down and he began to speak.

“I’m not one for speech making, so I will keep this brief.  I’m honored to be here in front of you all today.  It has been a pleasure to serve the community of Moscow and to do what I can to prevent bad situations from happening and when that was not possible, to prevent them from becoming worse. I will be honest and say that when I began my career as a firefighter, I never expected this day.  But to have my colleagues encourage me in this and to have the support of the community and the Government of Moscow means a lot to me.
Moscow Fire Department has a long standing tradition of excellence in the community, and my promise to you is that this will not change under my leadership.  As a department, we will continue to train, innovate, and work hand in hand with other branches of emergency services.  Thank you for this honor, and thank you for your time.”