This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Rock Bottom
Michael turned at the new voice. He had met the man only once before and briefly. A brief flicker of a smile came to his lips. Bastian was meticulous and deliberate it seemed and did not bother with pointless questions like why he was here. He had done a fine job in Africa and drew rare praise from Im Seung Jun even if it was slightly grudging.

"Bastian, I am glad we meet again. Thank you for your efforts in Africa. Few would choose to do what you did," he nodded towards the man on the other side of the glass. "I have a task for you, one that I have chosen to entrust to only you. This is to be kept secret for the time being. So far, only myself and a few of the staff here are aware of this man."

"You know the Atharim and their beliefs. Tales of gods. You and I both know that we are far from Gods, no matter if some think they are close to it. Death comes to us just as it does any other man. He," he nodded again to the patient, vacant eyed, "is one who was born with the Power. Now, he no longer has that gift."

He paused a moment, not sure himself the implication or exactly how this came to be only it was some medical process he did not understand. What he did know is that the knowledge was dangerous, and needed to be uncovered. "I do not yet know how, but his ability has been taken from him. As far as our doctors are concerned, he is simply an ordinary man," Michael locked eyes with Bastian, calm but with a gaze that imparted the gravity of this revelation. "I trust you understand the need for secrecy, and the potential implications that this revelation holds."
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
Rock Bottom - by Raffe - 09-08-2024, 04:33 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Michael Vellas - 09-08-2024, 06:02 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Bastian - 09-08-2024, 07:08 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Michael Vellas - 09-09-2024, 01:23 AM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Bastian - 09-09-2024, 07:07 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Michael Vellas - 09-10-2024, 01:30 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Bastian - 09-10-2024, 08:41 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Michael Vellas - 09-11-2024, 12:00 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Bastian - 09-12-2024, 02:24 PM