This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Rock Bottom
"Of course," Michael replied to Bastian's caution about the Atharim's knowledge turning his full attention to the new Rod of Dominion. "I do not expect you to know everything of your former compatriots. However, the reasoning is sound that they did not know."

He tried to study Bastian's reaction yet learned almost nothing. He asked no questions nor voiced any complaint or much of anything, merely acknowledging the order. He doubted Bastian was quieted by any fear or nervousness, the man was almost a stone of confidence. Michael appreciated the brevity, but did not wish his orders to be misinterpreted. "Probe him with the Power. See what you can discover about the nature of this...affliction. How it interacts with the Power, if it can be resisted. If it can be healed. Assume that if the Atharim do not know of this, they will find out eventually. When our enemies do, I want to be ready to defend against it."

At the last, a smile cracked his otherwise emotionless face and for a moment a maelstrom of fiery emotion lit his gaze as if he would welcome the challenge of Nikolai's rage and revealed his own passion to protect the people under his charge, against any foe. "It will serve us all that he is reminded of his own mortality. He holds the world in his palm, and I shall not see him fall because the truth is a harsh one. Your support of Karim is well placed, but it shall take more than this for Nikolai to rid himself of me."
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
Rock Bottom - by Raffe - 09-08-2024, 04:33 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Michael Vellas - 09-08-2024, 06:02 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Bastian - 09-08-2024, 07:08 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Michael Vellas - 09-09-2024, 01:23 AM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Bastian - 09-09-2024, 07:07 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Michael Vellas - 09-10-2024, 01:30 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Bastian - 09-10-2024, 08:41 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Michael Vellas - 09-11-2024, 12:00 PM
RE: Rock Bottom - by Bastian - 09-12-2024, 02:24 PM