This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

We Don't Want To Anger Morven
Finally. 

A sliver of tension released as Matias relented. He seemed to understand the situation now, although it was indeed true that Jay had complicated the whole process, and through Jay, Michael had to admit responsibility. He had trusted too easily. He had thought that the initial fear he placed in the men and his power was enough that he could begin to ensure loyalty through trust and perhaps even comradery. It appeared he may have been mistaken and the Rods of Dominion required a tighter leash. 

Another time. 

He was far more interested in the words that came from Matias next. He raised a brow at the admission that Jay had reason to hate him but refrained from any comment. As far as he was concerned what was done was done, and Nikolai had seen fit to judge neither of them as criminals - not that his judgement was overly reassuring. 

He was further surprised by the fact that Matias seemed to want...absolution. He thought the man a petulant and reluctant guest, perhaps simply a spy for Damien, however he revealed himself to be more earnest than it appeared and Michael's interest in the man waxed. Humility paired with the conviction he showed in the face of being tested made him someone Michael could see himself aligned with and certainly someone worthy of wielding power. 

He cocked his head at the promise of some kind of gift. Normally he would assume it meant the Power, but Matias had just expressed his desire to learn. What he spoke of seemed to be something different. Whatever it was, Michael had already made his decision. "Your words humble me," he admitted in truth. "I will not deny that kind of request." 

He held up a hand. "However, Carpenter promised he would restrain himself, and you felt the result of his restraint. I choose to believe you, just as I gave Carpenter the benefit of the doubt, but I am not a fool. You will have your meeting, but it shall be presided over by several of the other Rods of Dominion. Neither of you shall so much as touch the Power or you will be restrained. Should you be sincere in your request, you will have no issue." 

Michael looked down at a flashing that appeared on his personal datapad. Dr. Weston, an urgent message. Now that is concerning.

When he looked up, his face was a mask of calm. "Karim will show you around the Garden and set up the meeting with Carpenter. I must excuse myself, if you will forgive me. Matters require my attention. I will see you when the test has been prepared. It will take a few days at most." 

He stood, holding a hand out to Matias. It would not do to be rude and he could not reveal how urgent his business was. "Welcome to the Garden." 
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Michael Vellas - 03-09-2024, 09:29 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Ninacska - 03-11-2024, 02:29 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Ninacska - 03-19-2024, 10:56 PM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Matías - 03-20-2024, 03:36 PM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Ninacska - 03-20-2024, 03:57 PM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Ninacska - 03-25-2024, 01:01 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Matías - 03-26-2024, 01:12 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Matías - 03-30-2024, 01:45 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Matías - 04-04-2024, 11:50 PM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Morven - 06-20-2024, 08:25 PM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Matías - 07-03-2024, 01:06 AM