This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Good Enough
Ivan felt as if he was relaxing on the couch. Well....he was relaxing on the couch, Zara leaning against him as he read to her from the book of Russian fairy tales. Stomach full, warm tea now at the small table next to the arm rest, he was as content as he ever had been in his life.

And happy. Peaceful. So hard to reconcile the angry rage filled man of the other day with Ivan of now. Zara was sleepy, her eyelids half closed. He put his arm around her as he read, enjoying the tiny warmth by his side. He wasn't surprised when she fell asleep. She looked so peaceful.

Danya was sitting in the chair opposite him. He just watched her for a while. She raised an eyebrow but said nothing. Ivan felt courage building in him. Cautiously, carefully, he was getting ready. He took a breath. "I want this, Danya. Zara. You." HeĀ gestured to the room. "All of this."

She tilted her head, studying him, lips pursed together. Finally, "That's not why I asked you here, Ivan. I wanted you to be part of Zara's life."

Irritation flared, but he kept his voice low, though he not without an eedge. "Tell me you are not happy right now. That today wasn't a great day." His eyes were a challenge and she looked away, toward the window. He breathed raggedly. "I loved you Danya." He paused, searching. "I still do." He looked at sleeping Zara. "And her. I love her already." He looked back at her, opening his heart, letting her see the earnestness in his eyes.

Messages In This Thread
Good Enough - by Ivan Sarkozy - 10-26-2018, 05:17 PM
RE: Good Enough - by Ivan Sarkozy - 10-29-2018, 04:49 PM
RE: Good Enough - by Ivan Sarkozy - 10-30-2018, 06:55 PM
RE: Good Enough - by Ivan Sarkozy - 11-02-2018, 07:25 PM
RE: Good Enough - by Danya Khorasani - 11-03-2018, 12:33 AM
RE: Good Enough - by Ivan Sarkozy - 11-06-2018, 07:45 PM
RE: Good Enough - by Danya Khorasani - 11-08-2018, 03:03 AM
RE: Good Enough - by Ivan Sarkozy - 11-09-2018, 09:45 PM