This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome to the Guardian
“Not this again...” Eiji sighed. It was unacceptable. Quite simply unacceptable. He’s seen this reluctance before. He could be anyone as far as his new doctor claimed. You’d think they’d square this away. Here he was in front of her, so that should tell her something of the importance they placed on him.

“Why are you here?” Meera Alam asked bluntly. She finally glared at him with a forced smile.

“Well, Alam-sama,” Eiji replied, “I’m sure sensei Hercule was going somewhere with my medical history. I wish they’d get there fast.”

“You might want to have a word with your hospital head there,” the short, well-built soldier suggested, “but it’s common knowledge he and my sensei trained at the Guardian too. He should be well informed about Hercule’s methods. He’ll probably ask you riddles too,” Eiji said snidely, “he’s very fond of them.”

“Alam-sama,” Eiji said wearily, “I need your help. I am here to do the CCD’s work... I need help. Since you only see patients of extreme priority I have no idea WHY you got me. I haven’t been told. But I trust my sensei—He’s... a friend.”

“Maybe you will see me when you reveal me,” said Eiji, “It’s hard to hear... Believe me, I know... but you have to understand it’s all going to a greater good—a cause that’s much bigger than you and me. Much bigger than this hospital. Much bigger than Moscow. This is about the CCD and if Moscow burns to make our dominance happen, then so be it. By the Creator’s will, we might all go to our deaths, but it would still be worth it if the Ascendency succeeds. Everything is about responsibility to the CCD. I don’t mean to lecture you about life or death; I hope to be able to tell why I’m here shortly, when you take me seriously.”

“Understand this, doctor. We’ve been engaged in covert fighting these last few years. We’ve used our anonymity to target grain stores, trackway junctions, nuclear plants. Nothing we’ve done should be visible or vulgar. Visibility leads to discovery and death. It’s a wonder we’ve blundered through so many missions; set fires; killed officials... I shouldn’t have survived all that nonsense. I can’t believe I did things. That wasn’t me at all, you know? I had... regrets... scars (many self inflicted)... walked the same dreams...”

he looked at Meera through his colored lenses. No need to reveal to his true, golden eyes. Let slumbering wolves be, “I should have expected it— I’ve been exposed to the fighting for long enough, and its blight’s soaked into me now. Sensei says my personality will change. My moods switch. You’ve seen it. What would you need from me?”

Eiji Lynx, traumatized wolfie Smile

Messages In This Thread
Welcome to the Guardian - by Lih - 01-22-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Meera Alam - 01-30-2019, 05:59 AM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Lih - 01-30-2019, 05:01 PM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Meera Alam - 02-02-2019, 04:19 AM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Lih - 02-02-2019, 06:58 PM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Meera Alam - 02-12-2019, 03:27 AM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Lih - 02-12-2019, 08:15 PM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Meera Alam - 02-19-2019, 07:10 AM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Lih - 02-20-2019, 03:20 AM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Lih - 02-22-2019, 06:36 PM