This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome to the Guardian
The blood trickled down Eiji’s neck like marmalade sliding off a knife; fat and red. Meera stared at it for a long while. Almost too long. She felt the gentle heat behind her shoulder and wove the five elements together in a complex spell upon the wolf-boy’s neck. Flesh met flesh and reknit itself, blood ceasing to flow. With a flick of her wrist, the fallen vitae collected into a hardened marble and floated over to her outstretched palm. She pocketed the thing, as had become ritual with these visits. How many did she have now? It was so hard to keep track. This one would go right into her jewelry cabinet with the rest and she would forget it… Until another hard night rolled around and Meera needed to remember why she was doing this. Needed reminding of a job well done.

The book lay open in Eiji’s lap. He had dropped it when Meera struck with her letter-opener. As the spell took hold, he seemed to collect himself, hands grabbing at Freud’s work and opening back up to the page he held previously.

A look of adoration slowly crept up upon Eiji’s face. Meera looked down, forcing her lips into a loving smile.

“But don’t you see, Eiji-chan? We are impostors. You want band-aids and magical cure-alls, but that is not reality. Only once you truly see the ties that bind, can you break free. Don’t you want to break free, Eiji-chan? Don’t you want to roam? Don’t you want to feed into your internal nature? There’s a wolf inside of you, Eiji-chan, a wolf that yearns to break free. Go forth from this place today and be the wold you were always meant to be. Destroy those chains, Eiji-chan. Our time has come to an end, I fear, but you must remember one thing: destroy the chains that bind.”

Meera plucked the book up from Eiji’s lap, patted his head, and wheeled back to the space behind her desk. She opened a panel and slid the paper back into an empty crook. A carefully manicured hand reached out to the phone system and the fingerpad beneath pressed down upon a red button.

“Yes. Nurse Ratch? Call a car for Eiji-chan. I’m afraid he’s feeling a little lightheaded.”

Eiji’s look of adoration started to dissipate as he looked on at Meera. She opened another panel in her desk and pulled out an amber colored bottle. The plastic container hit the desk with a thud as she turned those liquid eyes back on the wolf-pup.

“Eiji-chan. I’ve done all I can do for you. It is time for you to go back out there without me. Oh, don’t worry, I shall pop in to visit you from time to time. If ever I think you are regressing, we may start up again, but for now, I think you have all the tools to guide you through this wicked life. Remember what I’ve told you and everything shall turn out just fine. Sayonara, Eiji-sama.”

Meera smiled widely at the wolf-pup. Yes, she was setting him free, but that didn't mean she wasn't keeping tabs on the little man. Somewhere behind his ear lay a carefully placed tracking device.

"She had tortured hundreds, maybe thousands, in the name of understanding and reason. Torture made sense. You truly saw what a person was made of, in more ways than one, when you began to slice into them. That was a phrase she'd used on numerous occasions. It usually made her smile." 
- The Wheel of Time, The Gathering Storm, Chapter 22, Robert Jordan

Messages In This Thread
Welcome to the Guardian - by Lih - 01-22-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Meera Alam - 01-30-2019, 05:59 AM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Lih - 01-30-2019, 05:01 PM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Meera Alam - 02-02-2019, 04:19 AM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Lih - 02-02-2019, 06:58 PM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Meera Alam - 02-12-2019, 03:27 AM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Lih - 02-12-2019, 08:15 PM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Meera Alam - 02-19-2019, 07:10 AM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Lih - 02-20-2019, 03:20 AM
RE: Welcome to the Guardian - by Lih - 02-22-2019, 06:36 PM