This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

St. Elmo's Fire
Zara's eyes showed only a little sleepiness. She wasn't a zombie or anything. She picked at her eggs and bacon, leaving the muffin to get cold. She had said 'hi' but she hadn't hugged him.

That was a good thing, actually. Other than that one day, she had never seen him before. It was good Danya was not forcing her to be overly affectionate with strangers. Some parent's did, thinking it encouraged friendliness. An easy going attitude. Ivan knew all too well how easily how a predator might exploit that behavior. Let them develop a relationship naturally, so that she felt safe. So that she knew she had autonomy when it came to her body. Danya was a good mom, it was obvious. How she had changed. Matured, rather. These little glimpses showed a girl who had grown up. What about you? It was a good question. And one he was trying to find an answer to.

He longingly looked to the hallway where Danya had disappeared. He wasn't exactly sure how to have a conversation with Zara. He tried to remember his nieces. They had talked already about her favorite shows. Hmm.....what else? He supposed he wasn't the best uncle either. So...when in doubt, be dork. He stared at the bacon, feigning ravenous hunger. "You're not gonna eat that?" he asked, pretending to be barely holding back.

She smiled mid-chew and looked at it. The dimples on her face lit up her eyes even as they flashed possessively. "Yes! I am!" And then she swiped the pieces and shoved it all into her mouth triumphantly.

Her cheeks now puffed out as she tried to chew. Ivan looked hurt and then puffed out his cheeks, making a face. "Look how full my mouth is! I can't talk now!" and then made his head dance stupidly. She laughed- and started choking.

Immediately he panicked, reaching over to sooth her back. "It's ok, it's ok." He held out her glass, telling her to sip it. It wasn't as bad as it seemed and she was able to swallow relatively easily. It had just been a cough. Good god, fuckhead! First morning with her and she nearly chokes on her food. You are BAD at this. His smile was weaker. "Sorry. We can save playing for after breakfast."

She finished her eggs and made a stab at her toast. Out of the blue, she asked, "What did you do to your eye?" Crap! Sara had mentioned it. Everyone did. Idly, he wondered if he should have put on some makeup.

Danya would have some.

Yeah, that wasn't a conversation he wanted to have. Hey Danya? Do you have a foundation that matches my skin tone? She'd probably laugh. Though he did like her laugh. Fun and playful Danya.

He frowned, purposefully looking confused. "My eye? What's wrong with my eye? Did I lose it somewhere?"

She smiled- again around her food. "No, silly! Right there," and then pointed. Almost hit him too.

"Ohhh.....that. Yeah, well..." How was he supposed to answer that? I joined a fight at an exclusive fight club and was hit a lot? That was exactly the kind of thing Danya didn't want him bringing here. "I was playing a game and accidentally got hit." Sorta true. Not like he wanted the punch. Or at least not there.

She nodded and pointed at her knee. "I was playing tag the other day and skinned my knee the same way. Do you like tag?"

Ivan smiled, now that he was on firmer ground. "I love it! Maybe we can play some time." From the muttering, it sounded like Danya was finishing up. He always like how she talked to herself when she was getting situated in the morning, mentally go over lists and things. He stood. "Alright. Come on. Let's help your mom out by putting these dishes in the washer so there's no mess when you get home." Zara frowned but got up and brought her plate even as Ivan loaded the stuff from the stove.

Danya emerged- wow, but she put herself together so well. Stylish but not in a way that called attention to herself. Not like he even knew fashion. And nothing she wore screamed money, though he knew she did alright as a photographer. It all came across as just uniquely individual.

It was those dark eyes that drew him though, the hunger for her to shoot him just a hint of a smile.

Messages In This Thread
St. Elmo's Fire - by Ivan Sarkozy - 02-17-2019, 04:31 AM
RE: St. Elmo's Fire - by Danya Khorasani - 02-21-2019, 11:51 PM
RE: St. Elmo's Fire - by Ivan Sarkozy - 02-22-2019, 05:52 PM
RE: St. Elmo's Fire - by Ivan Sarkozy - 02-27-2019, 09:38 PM
RE: St. Elmo's Fire - by Ivan Sarkozy - 05-15-2019, 09:39 PM