This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

I Get Around
Marcus channelled and the last of the grain like tau-gates floated and pierced the matrix, settling into the position indicated in the model displayed on the holo. He ran a quick scan to make sure everything was spaced within tolerances before channeling again solidifying the mass. He turned the now solid piece in his hand, a hexagonal cylinder of purple polymer, the large collection of grain sized tau-gates arranged in what might appear to be random order. And yet there was nothing random about it at all. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

He did a quick test, touching the button embedded in the matrix with a brief thread of power- and with his thumb for the tactile feel of it- and the purple blade came to life. The tell-tale hum wasn't there, of course. It would be something to explore for later. That snap-hiss was as much of the experience as the laser sword itself. The touch was only momentary, the power required minimal. The tau-gates did the rest and maintained the blade until another touch of power hit the button again.

Satisfied, he sleeved the matrix inside the metal housing and then that went into the Sith hilt, the purple crystal matrix visible through the housing. Sealing everything up, he held it in his hand, feeling the weight of the metal grip, the play of it against his fingers.

With a flourish, he channeled and touched the button.

His lightsaber sprang to life.

A wide grin split his face, the glow alight in his dark eyes. He couldn't help but wave it around in mock battle, a kid again. With a slash, he cut through a corner of his steel workbench surface and the clang of the piece hit the tile floor, edges angry orange-red and black. There had been no resistance whatsoever.

Darth Malik spent the next hour flipping it on and off, marveling at what he'd wrought.

Messages In This Thread
I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 05-08-2020, 04:36 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 05-14-2020, 03:23 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 05-17-2020, 06:14 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 05-21-2020, 09:52 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 05-22-2020, 09:25 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 06-06-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 06-09-2020, 10:02 PM
RE: I Get Around - by Marcus DuBois - 06-10-2020, 05:20 PM