This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Tuatha De Cycle: The Spear of Assal
Trigger warning: Rape threat

Lugh’s head whipped around at the sound of that voice. Rage filled him to the brim as his eyes fell on the familiar, slender figure that now filled the doorway.

“You know, Lugh, I always thought that we would meet on the field one day,” High Prince Uscias spoke in an infuriatingly casual tone, his hand resting on the hilt of Nuada’s sword, “I honestly did not expect you to come for Gobain yourself. What a pleasant surprise.”

Lugh snarled as he wove Fibers of Spirit and slammed a shield upon Uscias. The High Prince’s laugh was light and gay as he drew the Sword of Light and cut away the Shield. Lugh felt a sudden jolt of the Light rebound back upon himself as the weave fell apart. He sucked in air as if taking a punch to the gut, steadying himself quickly and readying another weave without thought.

Barbs of blue flame suddenly shot forth from Uscias’ other hand, reaching for Lugh. The High King formed a razor-sharp blade of Air, Earth, and Spirit – cutting away the fatal fire that arched threateningly close to his face. It was Uscias’ turn to gasp as the Weave rebounded back. Lugh altered his weaving and split the flows several ways – arrows of flame shot out from Lugh’s palms and Uscias skillfully deflected every last one, sending them off half-hazardly into the room. Abcan yelped as one grazed his arm.

“I thought you said he was a pitiful swordsman, Ab!” Lugh hollered over his shoulder as he readied another weave of Air.

“I haven’t seen him fight since Nuada’s last days!” Abcan called back, “Duck!”

Lugh dropped to the ground as his weave formed around Uscias’ head. Crossbow bolts sailed over Lugh’s own head as a thunderclap reverberated through the room, Uscias doubled down slightly as the bolts missed their mark. His eyes squeezed shut as his hands came up to shield his ears. Even Lugh felt disoriented as the echoing died out.

“Don’t just stand there, you Fomorian asses! Collar them!” Uscias hollered as he straightened himself and began to advance on Lugh with the sword held at the ready.

Lugh regained his composure as he slid two knives from his sleeves. Abcan wove Water and Air as the four guards advanced on him. A thick sheet of fog quickly enveloped the room as his weave fell into place, blinding everyone. Holding on to the Light, Lugh was able to feel the currents of the air despite the fog and deflected Uscias’ oncoming assault. The two began a deadly dance, sword coming down and around as Lugh’s two short knives pushed him back. Uscias gave Lugh no room to rest as the sword came down left, right, and left again. Abcan exclaimed in excitement just as Lugh heard the loud thud of a body falling to the ground.

“Give me the Crown of Maeve and this will all be over, Lugh,” Uscias went on in that sickeningly pompous voice as the sword came crashing down upon Lugh’s knives once more. The blade in his right hand shattered as Uscias laughed and Lugh cursed under his breath, “I promise you and your dwarf will have honored places under the Hill. You will both be the crowning jewels of my harem, right alongside Morfessa and Semias. The collar will fit exquisitely around your supple neck. It will be a pleasure to fuck you every single night as you beg me to stop.”

Lugh screamed in a rage as the idea of being Uscias’ plaything ran through his head. The second knife came down and shattered upon the sword. Uscias laughed maniacally as he raised the sword once more.-

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Tuatha De Cycle: The Spear of Assal - by Aiden Finnegan - 05-21-2022, 11:34 PM