This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Awakening
He nodded at the first reply. She seemed about as soft as a titanium beam, although who could expect less from one of their kind? Similar to Dr. Watson, healers seemed unfazed by death and destruction. Certainly, Michael had accepted it but he would never embrace it. 

There was little he could tell beyond the fact that she was either a great actor or as pragmatic as Nikolai Brandon himself. He almost smiled at her objection to being a teacher but she didn't seem to be one for levity. Indeed, six months ago he was colder than a glacier. "I ended up here because Nikolai Brandon and I came to an understanding. I fought al'Hasan's mad crusade in the Middle East and my abilities were captured on camera. I was not a teacher either, nor do I think I am now. Others train the students better than I. However, I learned that there are monsters among our kind. The Ascendancy was going to gather those with our Power with or without me. I decided it was better I guided the process, not to make weapons, but to save people from murders or their own ability. It is hard to turn down Nikolai Brandon, so I did so on my terms. I have no illusions as to my influence, but I made the best of it." 

He shrugged at the suggestion that they should find another. "I will not make you become a teacher, the Ascendancy has not demanded I keep you here. However, he did send you here for a reason. Stay a while. I can have the women who the Custody knows can use the Power come here and if you wish, at least teach them not to kill themselves. I also believe that we can learn from each other. I would like to see if there are any ways men and women can work together or combat each other." 

He lowered his voice. "For all the pretty names and secret facilities, our kind know little about our own powers, and it is a dangerous world. If not teach, would you like to at least learn more?" 

(welcome back! I hope all is going alright)
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-03-2024, 02:32 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-05-2024, 06:38 AM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-08-2024, 03:13 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-08-2024, 03:57 PM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-08-2024, 08:18 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-09-2024, 03:38 AM
RE: Awakening - by Jay Carpenter - 03-09-2024, 12:05 AM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-09-2024, 09:30 AM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-22-2024, 08:03 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-23-2024, 04:06 AM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-24-2024, 07:45 PM