This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Awakening
Michael did smile now that Morven had shown some of her character. "My reputation is well earned," he replied. "I was full of rage, but now that I am not in imminent danger from assassination, I feel more...myself again. If you were a man, your opinion might differ. I assume that women are similar in each individual is capable of using different amounts of our Power? It is the case for men. Some can hold only a little and struggle to light a candle. None of the Rods of Dominion nor any other man here can even come close to what I can use. There is only one man I have met that has more. Nikolai Brandon himself, and not by much. It also helps that my skill lies in destruction and combat. A necessity from when I was newly appointed and had no authority nor respect. The Rods as they are called now, were my first students. I made sure they knew not to do anything stupid. Now, I need only display some reminders and rumors take care of the rest."

He could not be sure of Morven's sincerity, but Nikolai had sent her, and from the snippets of information and what he had seen thus far, she did not seem the type for sycophancy. In truth, he saw much of himself - or what he wished to be - in her. Just like there was an instinctive dislike of Nikolai himself - one that he could not rationally explain - there was a type of affinity he felt with Morven. It was perhaps something of the Power itself. It lent to enhanced senses, why not this? "That is good to hear, I see perhaps why the Ascendancy sent you to me. We desire the same thing, and I believe that he does as well. I cannot watch the world turn to senseless murder, be it from arrogant godlings or the Atharim scourge. Now, I no longer need to hide in fear." 

At the mention of the Ijiraq, Michael let his distaste be known. "Damn Ijiraqs. I met one in the middle east, although I did not know what it was at the time. I could have used power Healing, damn thing put a hand through my chest. I paid it back, but we both live. I have since developed defenses against their kind. Safe to say everyone in the Garden would know if one came within ten miles. My other affinity besides death, protections. I spin webs of power like a spider, to trap or alert," he did not trust her that much as to reveal the new webs he had been developing, not that he could teach it. 

He shook his head slightly. That was getting off topic but he did so hate those mist monsters. "Very well, do you feel up to some experimentation?" Michael had been keen to do so since the moment he knew women had a similar power. "We cannot see each other's webs, but can they interact? I would like to test it. If you would, lift me off the ground with a web of air. I would like to see if I can cut it, as I would do with a man" It wasn't exactly a command as he drew in the Power and raised a brow. "Unless you already know the answer. Or if you prefer to get settled, I have arranged quarters for you." 
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-03-2024, 02:32 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-05-2024, 06:38 AM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-08-2024, 03:13 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-08-2024, 03:57 PM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-08-2024, 08:18 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-09-2024, 03:38 AM
RE: Awakening - by Jay Carpenter - 03-09-2024, 12:05 AM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-09-2024, 09:30 AM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-22-2024, 08:03 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-23-2024, 04:06 AM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-24-2024, 07:45 PM