This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Awakening
As Morven grinned, Michael fell still for a split second and his eyes widened. Fortunately the void was close and nothing else betrayed his thoughts. Within the shell of emptiness where the Power dwelled, he saw her for the first time, as a woman. She was certainly beautiful enough to make any man nervous. When was the last time I looked at anyone as a person? The thought saddened him. His rage at his own powerlessness had been almost all consuming for years. 

After the moment's pause another smile broke his face. Not one of challenge, or irony but genuine amusement. "My manners have been lacking, I apologize, although I warn you I can't cook." Absently, he snatched up the empty chair with the Power and placed it gently across from his own and the desk before taking a seat for himself. 

"As for how I knew, I could feel the effects of the web, and I imagined what I would do. It is a simple web of Air, the effects are the same, surely it could not be too different. I used threads of Spirit - that's what my mentor called it, primal energy or something - to probe where I could feel the web physically and felt an invisible force - your own web it seems - and followed it to the point it stemmed from you. Then I cut through it," he explained. 

"I wanted to know if strength mattered between men and women, but I cannot tell. I have found that the more power used in webs like this, the harder it is to cut through. I suppose it is like resisting a physical attack, the stronger the grip, the harder to escape. It is the same when cutting of a man's access to the Power. If they are strong enough, they can break free - or they will be able to resist. I thought that the both of us may wish to know how it works between genders," he finished. "Do you wish me to use a web so that you can cut one yourself? You can choose something more to your taste, I couldn't ask to tie you up." 
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-03-2024, 02:32 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-05-2024, 06:38 AM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-08-2024, 03:13 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-08-2024, 03:57 PM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-08-2024, 08:18 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-09-2024, 03:38 AM
RE: Awakening - by Jay Carpenter - 03-09-2024, 12:05 AM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-09-2024, 09:30 AM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-22-2024, 08:03 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-23-2024, 04:06 AM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-24-2024, 07:45 PM