This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

We Don't Want To Anger Morven
Michael was just as ready to strike down Matias as he had done with Jay. In this close proximity, none of the present Rods dared to take hold of the Power knowing better than to step into crossfire. He had already prepared several webs that would ensnare whomever he chose and deliver an unpleasant shock. Jay had been fortunate that he did not want to demonstrate any complex webs for the foreigner to learn, should he be so capable. 

As it was, the tension was cut by Matias and Michael immediately relaxed and adopted a duly placated expression. He thought himself an adequate judge of character when it came to men who could use the Ascendant Power, and whatever Jay saw must have been personal, the man did not ooze danger like Petrovic did. Punched in the face and he threatened to run to Nikolai? My thanks, Carpenter. 

He allowed Matias to remain his stalk forward into the base, noting irritably that the coat requested had not been delivered. How hard could it be to find a coat in the damn place? "The history between you and Jay Carpenter is not my concern, in light of what has happened I shall have to re-evaluate my lenience," Michael replied mildly to heated words as he resumed walking, the other Rods following. Michael still held onto the Power, ready to burn anyone who disobeyed. The whole thing was a mess already. "We shall go to the forth building on the right, our medical facility has all you need, we have the best doctors in the Custody." 

The crunch of gravel underfoot was the only noise that accompanied the group. In the distance students could be seen staring at the procession only to quickly go about their studies. In various clusters small amounts of the male Power was detectable but faint compared to what Michael held. It was a warning as much as anything that told the students to stay away. "I must say I am curious to hear about Mexico. It seems that Damien Oakland has achieved great things. I would hear more of that - but sometime later perhaps." They reached the infirmary where regular military-assigned doctors served to treat the population. Those few that could use the Power to heal were not wasted on trivial tasks. There were two men in beds, one seemed recent from the look of his singed hair. The other was an older man who looked like a ghost. He had tried to spin a complex web of Water which only served to fill his lungs with fluid, almost drowning him. Fortunately he was recovering, with a little help from the Power. "Well, Matias, since my apology is refused, I shall have to strive to show you our hospitality - and knowledge. That is why you are here, no? A gesture of cooperation and peace. Tell me, do you have a talent for any particular feat of the Power? Like Healing, or perhaps an affinity to one of the five powers?" 
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Michael Vellas - 03-09-2024, 09:29 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Ninacska - 03-11-2024, 02:29 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Ninacska - 03-19-2024, 10:56 PM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Matías - 03-20-2024, 03:36 PM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Ninacska - 03-20-2024, 03:57 PM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Ninacska - 03-25-2024, 01:01 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Matías - 03-26-2024, 01:12 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Matías - 03-30-2024, 01:45 AM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Michael Vellas - 04-02-2024, 01:34 PM
RE: We Don't Want To Anger Morven - by Matías - 04-04-2024, 11:50 PM