This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The World is Yours
Marcus felt the feel of menace in the air before he saw the wielder. He was not worried but he was ready. And then he saw Vellas. Of course. Vellas was an irritating man who exuded a perpetual state of being pissed off. The man didn't seem to know how to be friendly with anyone. Not that Marcus wanted friendship- from him or anyone else.

Not for the first time, he wondered at the man's position. He did not seem the type of leader to inspire men to heights of heroism and sacrifice. Then again, Vellas never actually trained him, so he could not truly know. Sanjay spoke respectfully enough of the man and his ability. Underestimating people was a weakness. And it would be foolish to burn any bridges in any case. They would have to work together over the coming years and he expected there would be some friction between their areas of supervision. Marcus was intent on using his Consulate as a power base and that would include security- and not from some other department.

Still, Vellas would not expect friendship or phony amiability. He smiled at the man coolly and inclined his head. "Sanjay is a good man. I complement your training of him. He's very disciplined and a quick learner. He will indeed be useful."

He passed his eye over Vellas' companions, deciding how much to say. They were in public so there was a certain amount of discretion necessary. "As to Ascendancy, yes, I was with him."
He suppressed the wince that came to him. Not from any lingering physical pain. The healer, Jensen James, had been thorough and he felt completely restored. No, but the memory of the pain- those moments where he felt his blood boiling and his eyeballs swelling- there was a panic that he had fought to keep down. All just a memory, that, but there all the same.

Malik wanted revenge. All the power in the world- the full might of the Force at his finger tips- and he had nearly been killed by an EM weapon. He meant to speak to those who were cleaning up the debris, to find whether anything had been left behind. And he had already put out feelers to find out which companies might manufacture them as well has how to procure one for himself. He was determined never to leave that avenue open again.

In fact..."It occurs to me that I may have some information you might find useful. I know the type of weapon that was used in the attack."
He wouldn't say more, not here. "It was unexpected and as you probably know, very nearly succeeded in its purpose despite the power we use. I would imagine that you would want your men trained to defeat such a tool. Or at least how to recognize what was happening and how to protect against it."
He studied the man's face for a moment before turning to the Arch.

Idly, he added. "It is something I plan on studying myself."
He had other reasons to make a connection to the man. Sanjay was showing him some of the weaves he'd learned. But he suspected that Vellas kept a great many close to his chest. He heartily understood. He didn't want anyone to know what he could do or the extent of it. His research with Force-enhanced materials was one example.

Perhaps if they worked together, he might learn more. If nothing else, it was another connection that could prove useful.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 12-01-2016, 11:41 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-02-2016, 04:18 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 12-05-2016, 06:19 PM