This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Some Monsters Are Human
He laughed at her response to his words. Drained though she seemed, she was a feisty one. She was amusing. "Well, if this is what you do, then perhaps you might look at getting a partner at least. If I hadn't been there you would be down here until the end. It would not have been pretty"
He looked at her for a moment. Monsters, she said. He had used the term in black humor. If ever a person was a monster, this man was it. Truthfully, he did not deserve to be called a man. Time enough for him later. Instead he continued staring at her. The girl at his side shifted. She wanted to leave. "In a minute. You will not be his next victim, I promise you. No one ever will again."

Her comment about her sword caused him to look down at it hanging from his loop. He pulled it out and examined it. He didn't know anything about metallurgy- aside from a general knowledge of physics and chemistry, that is- but it seemed well made. He hefted it and examinged the straightness of the blade. It occurred to him that she had hacked through the door into the cellar. Was it with this? He hadn't seen any axes or picks anywhere. He looked at the blade more closely. Nothing, not a mark or a nick. It was very strange. On impulse, he wove earth and spirit and sent it into the sword, to examine it's lattice structure....

And very nearly lost the power in shock! What he saw was not possible. There you go again fool! Making assumptions! The lattice of iron and carbon and manganese that made steel was there, folded in on itself into a tighter structure, as he might expect. But there was something else. A Force resonance in the lattice-work. His mind struggled to understand what he was looking at. This blade somehow made use of or responded to or did... something with the Force.

He had never suspected that physical objects could be imbued with that kind of characteristic. The questions he had were myriad. He looked at the woman again. A monster hunter. With a Force blade. And she'd honed in on this man's location. He narrowed his eyes and was about to speak when the girl spoke up again, her voice shaking. The little composure she had shown was now starting to crack. "Please, please can we leave. Please. I don't wanna here any more." She could taste her freedom and didn't want to be down here any longer than she had to. She had escaped the cruelest of deaths. Second cruelest, he ammended to himself, looking at her and then up at the now smoking remains of the TV screen. He was here for a reason.

He had questions he wanted answers to- about the blade, about her 'job', about how she knew the man was here. He could get the answers out of her, but that didn't interest him. He was not one to needlessly cause pain. Needfully, yes. There had to be a reason.

Giving her her blade back should make her more amenable to speaking. And if he learned its secret, he'd have no need to keep it. "This is yours. I acknowledge that."
He paused, pursing his lips. "You have a very interesting tool for your very interesting job. I have questions for you. I will keep this for the time being. I need to understand it. Call it the price of your life."
He looked at her until she nodded. She knew what had been going to happen. He paused. He was not giving her an option. Her face continued to be muley. "But I will give it back to you. There is much I would like to learn from you. How can I contact you?"

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-10-2014, 12:05 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-10-2014, 12:26 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-10-2014, 05:30 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-10-2014, 05:40 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-11-2014, 08:26 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-11-2014, 10:24 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-12-2014, 05:40 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-12-2014, 10:06 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-12-2014, 02:21 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 11-13-2014, 10:32 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 11-13-2014, 12:23 PM