This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Girls Night Out
Ayden's confidence made Emily feel a lot better. It wasn't easy, but she could try. She would have to find someone she could trust. Maybe Ayden could help. The thought of getting a gun was interesting, although the thought of herself with a gun was funny. She could easily get one though and she tried to think if she knew anyone that would teach her how to use it.

Emily smiled at Ayden. "Thanks for the kind words. I'll try. Maybe we can do this again while I'm here, and find a guy I can dance with. It would be nice to find one that can understand and won't go to fast. I don't know...what do you think? Maybe the cutie from the coffee shop that you came in with...Bas?"
She remembered him seeming like a nice guy.

"I've never used a gun before. I'd have to find out how to do that. Forgive me, I grew up pampered ok?"
It was a joke, but Emily knew it to be true. It was the bane of being a rich kid.

Ayden touched her shoulder and stopped, giving Emily a nod to pause. Emily frowned. "Is something wrong?"

A woman turned the corner and flashed a mouth full of fangs at them. Emily's eyes widened. "A vampire!?"

The thing ran towards them, more specifically towards Emily, as if it knew she was the weaker target. Emily raised her hand and yelled "Fire!"
trying to summon her magic. She could see it's light, but felt nothing. It was as if she was trying to grab water. The thing was fast and closing quickly. Emily tried again. "Fire...wall...fire...anything! Oh...god..."
Her words became more panicked as her magic refused to cooperate, and the vampire suddenly ran into her and the both fell to the ground.

The vampire started tearing at her coat, trying to get to Emily's neck. Emily carried mace like any good Chicago woman and moved her right hand to go for it. The vampire caught her arm as soon as it moved, moving like it knew what she planned. The things claws dug into her wrist and she felt them enter her arm.

Pain shot through Emily's arm like she had never felt before. "Fuck!"
she yelled, the pain enough to elicit a curse from someone who hardly ever cursed.

The pain though sent adrenaline through Emily and her thoughts cleared. She still couldn't grasp the light of her magic, but a plan began to formulate and she started to swivel on her back. She could feel the vampire trying to counter it. How did the thing know what she wanted to do? It was strong, but the adrenaline gave Emily strength to counter it - like when mother's suddenly had the strength to pull a car off of their child. The ploy also distracted the think from her now exposed neck which was an added bonus.

Emily built up momentum and with a shout like a battle cry started rolling towards the wall of a building away from Ayden. She knew Ayden couldn't attack without hurting her, but still felt the energy of her magic. She needed to get away. As she neared the wall she put all of her force into the roll, slamming the vampire into the wall and stunning it. Emily felt the grip loosen and gave the vampire a kick. She felt the pain again as the claw pulled from her wrist. Emily hobbled away in a backwards crab crawl, slipping as her injured wrist didn't want to support her weight. She flipped over and scrambled away, leaving some of her blood on the asphalt, and hid behind some trash cans. The adrenaline began to wear off and shock took over as she pulled her knees to her chest and shook, no longer aware of what going on.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 11-10-2014, 02:21 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 11-10-2014, 02:22 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 11-10-2014, 02:28 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 11-11-2014, 08:56 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 11-11-2014, 10:33 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 11-11-2014, 01:16 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 11-11-2014, 01:38 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 11-12-2014, 05:58 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 11-12-2014, 06:09 AM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 11-12-2014, 08:31 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 11-12-2014, 02:41 PM