This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Resting Uncertainty
Emily dropped off Natalie and Natalie gave her contact information in case she needed it for cleaning. It wasn't really an issue, but Emily accepted her number with gladness and gave Natalie her own in case she needed anything.

Jared was quiet on the way back, and Emily didn't press him much. He was clearly exhausted from whatever ordeal he had gone through. She did, however, give him an encouraging smile as they left Natalie's, and Jared returned it.

"Want me to take you to base, or to my place?"
She asked.

"I'm still on leave for awhile and don't want to go back yet. I'd rather not be alone either."

Emily could hear the exhaustion in his voice as he spoke. She drove back to her house, and they entered together.

It was the first time Jared had seen the inside of the house, and his eyes widened. "So this is how the other side lives."

Emily smiled and took Jared's hand, leading him to the living room. "Can I get you anything?"

"This might sound weird, but I could really use a shower, and then more coffee."

Emily smiled and led him to the shower, so he could clean up. While he was away, she put on a fresh pot of coffee. She could have asked Matt to do it, but she was content to do so herself.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 01-23-2018, 10:26 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 01-30-2018, 10:44 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 02-13-2018, 10:45 AM
[No subject] - by Jared Vanders - 02-25-2018, 11:06 AM