This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

"The Rage", The Voyage
Watching "The Storm" get underway was a site to see. The Ship's Captain issued the "Man the Rail's" order, the anchor was lifted and "The Rage" slide into the dry dock. After everything was transferred the ship would be lifted out of the water for its refit into a full classed military vessel.

SynJyn gave the order to the Viking's to transfer and then to muster on the bow of the ship. Already fork trucks was moving pallets of boxes to the muster area. The troops moved quickly, they always did when new toys were involved. First the uniforms. Each box was labeled with a name. As each name was call the Viking took his box to his rack changed and stowed his new uniform and pack all his old fatigues into the box. The Uniforms were simple in design, very functional and comfortable. With moisture wicking tech as well as build in body Armour as thin as a tee shirt there was thermal image scramblers built in. Their caps was a classic "jungle" style with a brim all the way around and boots both waterproof and non skid.

Next came the weapon up grades, this took the rest of the day. As each MP5 was turned in the was given a new style "Rail gun" that worked off sub sonic aluminum rounds, enhance scope with greater range to make the most of the longer range of the weapon. All MP5's were stowed in the armory. Each Viking kept their hand gun as it was already familiar to them and SynJyn didn't want them to have to learn to many weapons at once.

Three flags were unfurled. This was new to the Vikings, they wore no insignia's on their uniforms before, but now as an recognized Militia while in a non-combative port they would now be labeled. The 3 flags in order was the CCD sector 2, Isle of Mann and the Lir family crest. These would be at the forefront whenever in matching formation.

Completely decked out in their new uniforms and other equipment (packs and all), the began their short march to the new compound. The march was also something new to them, tho they marched in training as a way to build unity, they never before marched to or from any given location. Arriving at the compound Captain Manix was there to greet them. SynJyn issued the order they rehearsed on the sea's as it was new too, not even Manix was aware of it: "Eye's Right"
. Each Viking to the far right saluted as did SynJyn, everyone to the left turn the heads to the right. Manix was taken back, but quickly recovered. He snapped too and returned the salute.

Synjyn marched em to the center of the compound and called "halt". "Listen up! you got 24 hours to stow your gear, get cleaned up, relax, toss it to your sweeties photo or whatever you do, then at 1800 zulu we begin our training. There is new recruits here fresh out of hell, there is no time for your normal hazing, get em up to speed, their failure will be your failure! LPO's make it happen!"

Going up to Manix they shook hands: "Good to see you SynJyn, it has been to long",
Manix said. "Too long indeed, I need to get these boys settled in, meet for a drink?"
Just come up to my den, I got the best there, It has been a long day here too and I'll need to update you and a new duty I volunteered your Viking's for, tho they might enjoy it. I got Marines on it now.

Intrigued SynJyn went off to settle in the Vikings. All was in place. within days the entire training facility would be done. the over sized Olympic pool was filling now with water and the mock ship constructions was complete.

Manix did not fail to notice the construction workers faces as a full regiment of Militia walked in the doors.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by SynJyn - 09-09-2016, 10:50 AM
[No subject] - by SynJyn - 09-14-2016, 02:53 PM
[No subject] - by SynJyn - 09-15-2016, 12:20 PM
[No subject] - by SynJyn - 09-19-2016, 09:39 AM
[No subject] - by SynJyn - 09-21-2016, 10:18 AM
[No subject] - by SynJyn - 09-25-2016, 03:21 PM
[No subject] - by SynJyn - 09-27-2016, 11:39 AM
[No subject] - by SynJyn - 09-27-2016, 04:47 PM