This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Catching Up
Nicholas couldn't find any reason to be against Evie's plan to go to Moscow. Truth be told, he didn't really care about the results. But what he did care about was the chance to have an ally in the legislative branch; one who also had the power. But still, he had to be sure. "Before I tell you what I'm thinking, Evie,"
Nicholas began, "And before we go through with this - you have to know that once you go public there's going to be a target on your back."

Evelyn met his eyes, giving the statement the seriousness it deserved. "I'm aware of that, but it's a risk we'll have to take. Vice President Hernandez Luna is already trying to draw lines in the sand for political gain. If I don't do anything, then this just becomes another Right vs Left dichotomy that gets stuck up in gridlock while people are dying."
Evie frowned. "If we don't get ahead of her, then anti-Power bigotry becomes a plank of the Democratic Party."

Nicholas chuckled, breaking the tension. "Democrats freaking out about scary things they don't understand? I never thought I'd see the day."
His expression leveled. "But seriously, Evie. Even going off the little I know, the Atharim aren't a joke. You're going to have to increase your security. I'll cover the costs if I have to."

Evie nodded. "I'd be grateful for that."
She paused. "Although I would hope that the Capitol Police would give assassination threats against a Congresswoman the attention it deserves. We'll see."

Nicholas knew it was unlikely she would be getting any public threats. Still, she accepted his offer. They could move forward. "Alright, then. It's settled. I'll talk to my PSC tomorrow. After that, we're going before the House. You're going to tell them you have the power, and we're going to make sure this doesn't become a partisan issue."
Nicholas had made a career out of appealing to the right side of the political spectrum. It was time to diversify his holdings.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Evelyn - 08-24-2016, 01:56 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-24-2016, 07:04 PM
[No subject] - by Evelyn - 08-24-2016, 09:12 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-24-2016, 10:46 PM
[No subject] - by Evelyn - 08-25-2016, 12:16 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-26-2016, 10:46 PM
[No subject] - by Evelyn - 08-28-2016, 04:05 PM