This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

New Allies In An Old War
A Half Hour after Aaliyah's Departure

Giovanni felt himself staring at the image.  This symbol stirred something within him - something that he couldn't shake.  Frustrated with trying to figure out what it was, Giovanni slammed the book shut and sat down.  He sipped at a glass of water.  People had brought him wine, but Giovanni decided that he didn't need alcohol distracting his thoughts right now.

A knock pulled the Al Janyar leader out of his stupor.  He grimaced.  This better be worth it.  "Enter," Giovanni said.

Dr. Pierce, the archaeologist, entered the room, and bowed his bald head towards Giovanni.  "My Lord, you asked to be notified of anything we found bearing a resemblance to the Eye of Horus.  We have found such an artifact."

The man waited until Giovanni beckoned him forward.  Pierce brought out a small bundled and unwrapped it as he set it on the table.  It was a type of medallion, made of gold, and fashioned in the shape that Giovanni had seen in the book.  A gold chain would allow it to be worn around someone's neck.  The iris of the eye was made with a diamond.  It looked expensive, and very clean.

"We cleaned the medallion before bringing it here.  It is worth quite a bit - the diamond alone..."

"We will not be selling this," Giovanni said, interrupting the archaeologist. "This is mine.  Thank you, Dr. Pierce. You are dismissed."

Giovanni placed the Eye of Horus around his neck and spoke to one of the officers that had remained behind.  "I'm going to Ethiopia.  I'll be back soon."

Aaliyah Zevros
[Image: 8dbbed0b5e9747bcf445f7a20f7de317.jpg]

Present
((OoC: This will bring Aaliyah and Gio into the same time as Idris and Sesuna))

Aaliyah waited for the intelligence to come in.  The building that they needed to infiltrate wasn't far.  Getting in should be easy enough for the soldiers.  Aaliyah had to confess that she didn't know much about tactics herself, but she was only here as Giovanni's eyes and ears.  The real planning she left to the soldiers.  Her task would be to convince the channelers of the benefits of working for her Master.

She was aware that the Captain was coming with a contingent of soldiers.  Likely to let her know they were ready.  She turned to face them, but soon saw that the Captain had stood aside to allow someone else to enter.  Giovanni walked up to her.

"You've arrived," she said with a respectful bow of the head.  She immediately noticed the medallion he wore around his neck.  The Eye of Horus. "I didn't expect you so soon."

"Events have quickened my arrival," Giovanni said with a slight smile. "Where are we at - are we ready?" There was an eager gleam in his eyes.

Messages In This Thread
New Allies In An Old War - by Giovanni Cavelli - 08-09-2018, 09:09 PM
RE: New Allies In An Old War - by Jay Carpenter - 08-10-2018, 09:07 PM
RE: New Allies In An Old War - by Idris - 08-20-2018, 12:48 AM
RE: New Allies In An Old War - by Sesuna - 08-23-2018, 01:02 PM
RE: New Allies In An Old War - by Giovanni Cavelli - 09-09-2018, 08:43 PM
RE: New Allies In An Old War - by Idris - 10-07-2018, 08:08 PM
RE: New Allies In An Old War - by Sesuna - 11-19-2018, 05:25 PM