This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

FA Prophecies
Perrin saw visions while wandering in Tel'aran'rhiod. They sky would open up. Explicit example here (since I don't have the books with me, I have to rely on quotes I can find online.) Hopper is never able to see what Perrin sees.

He turned away and another darkness opened in the sky. He saw sheep, suddenly, running in a flock toward the woods. Wolves chased them, and a terrible beast waited in the woods, unseen. He was there, in that dream, he sensed. But who was he chasing, and why? Something looked wrong with those wolves.

- Towers of Midnight, The Pattern Groans

Definitely a connection to dreaming, though. Perrin also starts dreaming in a similar manner to Egwene.

This dream was fading quickly, in the manner of dreams, yet he remembered being a wolf and smelling. . . . What? Something wolves hated more than they did Myrddraal. Something a wolf knew would kill him. The knowledge he had had in the dream was gone; only vague impressions remained. He had not been in the wolf dream, that reflection of this world where dead wolves lived on and the living could go to consult them. The wolf dream always remained clear in his head after he left, whether he had gone there consciously or not. Yet this dream still seemed real, and somehow urgent.

- Crossroads of Twilight, The Forging of a Hammer

Linda, at the 13th Depository, did a full write up on Perrin's Dreams and Visions

So there is some connection between the Dream World and visions, in one way or another (perhaps because, according to Verin, it resides in between the pattern threads of all the possible worlds. TDR)

Now, whether that is because he is Taveren, we cannot say for sure. RJ never said. I am inclined to think not, given what Thal also mentioned about Aiel Dreamwalkers observing what the saw (The coming of the Car a Carn for instance). I think any wolfkin might be able to see visions in the Dream World. But Asc will have to make the final call.

Min saw auras she didn't understand. Egwene and Perrin too. So it is not necessary to have the pc understand what they see.

I added Calvin and Vena to the list.

Messages In This Thread
FA Prophecies - by Armande - 10-08-2018, 04:17 PM
RE: FA Prophecies - by Jay Carpenter - 10-08-2018, 11:14 PM
RE: FA Prophecies - by Armande - 10-08-2018, 11:23 PM
RE: FA Prophecies - by Thalia - 10-09-2018, 06:50 AM
RE: FA Prophecies - by Armande - 10-09-2018, 03:39 PM
RE: FA Prophecies - by Aiden Finnegan - 10-09-2018, 08:14 PM
RE: FA Prophecies - by Tristan - 10-11-2018, 07:06 PM
RE: FA Prophecies - by Nox - 10-11-2018, 07:26 PM
RE: FA Prophecies - by Thalia - 10-11-2018, 08:05 PM
RE: FA Prophecies - by Aiden Finnegan - 10-11-2018, 08:31 PM