This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Acclimating
"Yes, I could use some help," Marta said, moving closer to Elyse. "I don't really understand division."

Elyse gave the girl an encouraging smile, and smelled Sierra before she saw her. Elyse smiled at the woman and turned back to Marta.

"Alright, so do you understand multiplication." Elyse said, and Marta nodded. "So when we divide it is the opposite. So what is six times three."

Marta thought for a bit and answered, "Eighteen!"

Elyse smiled and nodded. "Now think of it the other way. Let's say we have eighteen slices of bacon, and we want to make sure that you, Sierra, and I get the same amount. How many pieces would each one get."

Marta looked up, and Elyse could almost see the gears working behind the girl's eyes. "We'd each get six. OHHHH!!!"

It was like a light bulb had turned on in the girl's head. Marta did the next problem and showed it to Elyse to make sure it was correct. Elyse gave her a nod, and Marta grinned, turning back to her assignment.

Elyse turned back to Sierra. "Morning," she said, grinning. Sierra smelled different today. [color]"Would you like some breakfast?"[/color]

Messages In This Thread
Acclimating - by Elyse - 10-24-2018, 09:35 PM
RE: Acclimating - by Sierra - 10-25-2018, 07:40 PM
RE: Acclimating - by Elyse - 10-26-2018, 05:59 PM
RE: Acclimating - by Sierra - 10-29-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Acclimating - by Elyse - 11-16-2018, 03:19 PM
RE: Acclimating - by Sierra - 11-22-2018, 02:25 PM
RE: Acclimating - by Elyse - 11-27-2018, 04:42 PM
RE: Acclimating - by Sierra - 11-30-2018, 08:07 PM
RE: Acclimating - by Elyse - 12-02-2018, 04:03 PM
RE: Acclimating - by Sierra - 12-03-2018, 06:44 PM