This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

There are no beginnings
Armande regarded him as he continued to pace. Full of restless energy, it seemed. And arrogance. His tricks continued, though.

And in that moment, he had a flash of great appreciation. The power might have given him sway over multitudes. He knew his abilities and strengths. Had he chose to, he could have rivaled Brandon in every way.

But the power would have become his crutch. He would lean on it to overawe people, to cow them. An adult showing his power over children. What a glorious victory that is, he thought sarcastically, contempt showing in his eyes.

The Roman Republic of Marius and Sulla had it right. Prima inter pares. First among equals. The way of true men.

His voice grew quiet. "You think you bother me because you are a hypocrite? I have known hypocrites. I have killed them, with no more thought than swatting a gnat. No. You are Apollyon. At your coming death has flourished like weeds. It sprouts at each step you take."

He paused, thinking. It was something he had considered for a long while. The timing matched, especially given his revealed abilities. A gamble to reveal his suspicions, though. Still...."Your rise to power- concurrent with the ASU's- was rather fortuitous. World wide disasters seeming to strike at the heart of potential enemies on the world stage. The America's west coast devastated by flooding. Others." A pause. "Even the disaster in Ohio was rather....interesting, I would say. The death toll of all those events was staggering."

His look was pointed. "Even if you had never heard of the Atharim, I would be your enemy. The fact that you knew, though, only speaks to the correctness our position. The power of the gods corrupts."

Messages In This Thread
There are no beginnings - by Ascendancy - 02-07-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: There are no beginnings - by Armande - 02-16-2019, 11:07 PM
RE: There are no beginnings - by Ascendancy - 02-16-2019, 11:15 PM
RE: There are no beginnings - by Armande - 02-16-2019, 11:36 PM
RE: There are no beginnings - by Ascendancy - 02-16-2019, 11:50 PM
RE: There are no beginnings - by Armande - 02-17-2019, 12:07 AM
RE: There are no beginnings - by Ascendancy - 02-17-2019, 10:54 PM
RE: There are no beginnings - by Armande - 02-18-2019, 10:01 PM
RE: There are no beginnings - by Ascendancy - 03-05-2019, 01:23 AM
RE: There are no beginnings - by Armande - 03-05-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: There are no beginnings - by Ascendancy - 03-07-2019, 01:23 AM