This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Finding Rowan
The partition lowered at Sage’s knock and he proceeded to ask Cooper to turn around for a moment.

“Right away, Sir,” Cooper answered cheerfully. The limo swung around on a side street and they were pulling back into the Vega Estate’s long driveway once more. Cooper hopped out and within minutes he was jogging back to the limo, a box of Sage’s things in hand. He passed the box into the back and ran back to the driver’s seat.

And off they went again. The partition was still lowered and Cooper called back, “Are we still going to your condo, Sir?”

Aiden looked up from his Wallet, “I think not Cooper… We’re going to The Bottom of the Cup Café… It’s one block away from Arbat Street in Old Arbatskaya. Kind of hard to miss, it seems. The café is the only building in Old Arbatskaya that is built in a Queen Anne Victorian style…”

“En route now, Sir,” Cooper announced as the partition rolled back up.

Looking to Sage, Aiden sighed, “I shouldn’t have avoided her, babe. She wouldn’t have signed over this café to me if she was intending on coming back to it… And judging by the pictures on her website, it looks like my father and she put a lot of energy and money into the place… What if she was kidnapped? Or maybe she’s planning on committing suicide?”

Pain started throbbing behind Aiden’s eyes, the start of a migraine. Images of Rowan flashed through his brain and none of them good. What would he do if she really did kill herself? He didn’t think that she would, but they hadn’t talked since he had come here, she could have changed. Or perhaps the trauma of that 'hospital incident' finally got to her? She seemed to have taken that in stride, but Aiden couldn't see how... All those lives... It wasn't her fault, not completely... And to lose one's husband and child all in the same day...

Why was she seeking him out? Did she need him or was she just being a dutiful sister? Rowan could be so hard to read sometimes. He had just assumed she was being annoying; perhaps trying to get him to come back home to the states. What if he was wrong?

Embracing the Power, Aiden Channeled flows of Air and poured himself a glass of whiskey on the rocks from the minibar to his left. The glass came to his hand with grace and he let the Power go. After taking a long pull of the honey-colored liquid, the pain in his head started to dull.

“I won’t forgive myself if something happened to her…”

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!

Messages In This Thread
Finding Rowan - by Sage - 03-17-2019, 08:11 PM
RE: Finding Rowan - by Aiden Finnegan - 03-22-2019, 11:29 PM
RE: Finding Rowan - by Sage - 03-24-2019, 01:50 PM
RE: Finding Rowan - by Aiden Finnegan - 03-28-2019, 01:28 AM
RE: Finding Rowan - by Sage - 03-28-2019, 11:21 AM
RE: Finding Rowan - by Aiden Finnegan - 05-02-2019, 11:39 PM
RE: Finding Rowan - by Sage - 05-03-2019, 08:49 PM
RE: Finding Rowan - by Aiden Finnegan - 05-08-2019, 02:54 AM
RE: Finding Rowan - by Sage - 05-08-2019, 11:17 AM
RE: Finding Rowan - by Aiden Finnegan - 05-09-2019, 11:54 PM
RE: Finding Rowan - by Sage - 05-10-2019, 10:23 AM