This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

My So Called Life
Liv shrugged, wondering what it was like to find out you were adopted. Would it make you love your parents any less? She didn't think so. Mom and Dad were her foundation. She had a lifetime of good memories.

Sitting on mom's lap learning to play the piano, mug of hot tea and a plate of warm tea cakes on the cloth. Her little slender fingers resting delicately on mom's as she plunked out different keys, let her hear the differences between sharps and flats, tones and melody.

She and Dad in the nursery, smell of soil and loam and water and new life in the muggy air, hands dirty, grit underneath her nails, him explaining to her the name of the delicate little plant she held in her hands as she carefully nestled it into the small hole he had made. And they had talked. About everything.

Safe and wonderful places she liked to go back to.

But truth be told, she wasn't sure how she'd feel. She'd be curious, that's for sure. Curious and would start with the little things. Or rather, the things with easy answers. Who were they? What did they look like? Do I look like them?

Her eyes dropped to the stack of books. Harder questions, then. Medical stuff.

She met the girl's eyes, a sense of compassion filling her. The hardest questions would be the ones she'd probably never get an answer to. Why did you give me away? Why didn't you want me? Finally, the deepest whispered one. What was wrong with me?

She smiled, feeling friendly to this girl. "If you need any help with the medical stuff, let me know. I might be able to help."

She looked at the other girl- Risha- and answered. It was an explanation for her too. "No. Microbiology. But...I love art. So here I am."

Messages In This Thread
My So Called Life - by Sterling - 03-21-2019, 05:43 PM
RE: My So Called Life - by Liv - 03-25-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: My So Called Life - by Sterling - 03-26-2019, 10:18 AM
RE: My So Called Life - by Liv - 03-28-2019, 03:44 PM
RE: My So Called Life - by Sterling - 03-28-2019, 05:29 PM
RE: My So Called Life - by Liv - 03-29-2019, 04:39 PM
RE: My So Called Life - by Sterling - 03-31-2019, 06:45 PM
RE: My So Called Life - by Liv - 03-31-2019, 10:36 PM
RE: My So Called Life - by Sterling - 03-31-2019, 11:20 PM
RE: My So Called Life - by Liv - 04-03-2019, 10:47 PM
RE: My So Called Life - by Sterling - 04-07-2019, 11:06 PM