This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Bloody....Mary?
“I’ve been to New York once or twice. You are a very… brash people, if you do not mind my saying. I find it quite invigorating,” Meera purred as she took another slow drag from her cigarette. She stole a few calculated side-long glances. She did not need to be a mind reader to know that she had caught this strapping mortal’s attention. Now she had to shape that focus into something useful.

As it turned out, Beto had been right under her nose this whole time. Perhaps if she had spent more time out of her office, the two of them would have crossed paths. Then again, if she had met him at the Guardian, things would be going in a completely different direction; although the end game would be the same. The ethereal light behind her shoulder seemed to pulse as she thought of the possibilities.

Meera turned slightly to face him, gently cocking an eyebrow.

“Oh? As a matter of fact, I am currently working at the Guardian. Perhaps I have tended to your relative. I know I’ve never seen you there before. I would remember that,” She flashed a hungry smile, “I lived in Cairo my whole life. After a few years working in my field, I craved more of the world. What better place to come than Mother Russia? It is the new center of the World, after all.”

What was this man’s obsession with God? She had not heard one speak of Her so frequently, at least not since arriving in the CCD. It was almost cute in a way, but oh so naive. Those that wanted to know God were often disappointed when they came face to face with true religious ecstasy. People frequently assumed that it would be nothing but sunshine and rainbows. How wrong they were. The leading faiths of the world, the Abrahamic branches, all clearly spell it out. To know God is to know pain. Hell, even the more Earth-based faiths acknowledged that sacrifice was the path to true enlightenment. Then again, perhaps he knew all of this.

She would find out soon enough. It was her sacred duty as the Mirror.

Meera signaled for another drink after quickly finishing the one in her hand.

“God… Why are you so eager to find Her? You don’t strike me as the faithful type.”

"She had tortured hundreds, maybe thousands, in the name of understanding and reason. Torture made sense. You truly saw what a person was made of, in more ways than one, when you began to slice into them. That was a phrase she'd used on numerous occasions. It usually made her smile." 
- The Wheel of Time, The Gathering Storm, Chapter 22, Robert Jordan

Messages In This Thread
Bloody....Mary? - by Beto - 05-10-2019, 04:26 PM
RE: Bloody....Mary? - by Meera Alam - 05-11-2019, 03:08 AM
RE: Bloody....Mary? - by Beto - 05-16-2019, 04:47 AM
RE: Bloody....Mary? - by Meera Alam - 06-19-2019, 05:42 AM
RE: Bloody....Mary? - by Beto - 06-20-2019, 09:32 PM
RE: Bloody....Mary? - by Meera Alam - 06-21-2019, 01:54 AM
RE: Bloody....Mary? - by Beto - 07-25-2019, 03:12 AM
RE: Bloody....Mary? - by Meera Alam - 07-31-2019, 01:21 AM
RE: Bloody....Mary? - by Beto - 08-28-2019, 09:47 PM
RE: Bloody....Mary? - by Meera Alam - 02-11-2020, 01:16 AM