This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Jump
The patrons had returned to their books or wallets or conversations and it was just them now. Liv found herself watching Nika as she seemed to shift from one thing to another. There was a bravado about her that seemed unbreakable, eyes playful above a smile that was infectious. But flashes of something else peeked through.

And while Liv liked the confidence she showed, it also intimidated her. Still, there were hints of something else. Something...softer.

And Liv was drawn to that. She wasn't sure what it was. The look away while chewing lips. The pained look that she plastered over with jokes. The visual of her trying on outfit after outfit. Nika didn't seem like the type to care about the impression she gave. She couldn't help the small smile on her face.

She was sort of human at least. Human enough. And she wanted to have dinner. At least she said she was willing. Just dinner. And this was life, right? Wasn't that what she had wanted?

Liv was scared. She hadn't actually expected anything to happen when she had written her name. Just a personal declaration that she was finally willing to take a chance. One no one would actually notice, much less react to. I mean, who read their own name on a cup? Right? Right?

Baby steps.

She almost said no, but was wanting to say yes.

It was when Nika dropped the rambling and said she didn't date that Liv decided. She wasn't sure why. It seemed like a confession. Or an explanation. It probably meant nothing. But it was there all the same.

And she had wanted things to change. I guess that starts with me taking chances. And one is here.

And yeah, she did like her. She was cute and fun. And even if it was pity....different was still something. No expectations, right? She breathed and....breathed again. Tried to speak and nothing came out. She screwed up her courage again.

Her voice was small but she forced it out. "It's not stalkery. I'll be hungry." She smiled weakly, heart fluttering. She was in it now. Oh god, what was she doing? Another breath. "I get off at 6. If you want to...I'll be here waiting."

She gave a better smile and after a moment, held out her hand, hoping. "I'm Liv."

Messages In This Thread
A Jump - by Liv - 07-14-2019, 04:52 AM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-14-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-16-2019, 04:40 PM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-17-2019, 12:52 AM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-17-2019, 04:15 PM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-17-2019, 11:29 PM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-19-2019, 06:06 PM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-21-2019, 01:50 AM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-21-2019, 03:36 AM
RE: A Jump - by Nika Raskov - 07-21-2019, 03:05 PM
RE: A Jump - by Liv - 07-21-2019, 07:49 PM