This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Ice
Nika too felt joy briefly.  Concern quickly replaced it.  Silence stretched between them.  Liv was...afraid.  Afraid.  Nika all but bristled.  Liv had mentioned an ex before, just after she’d shrank inside herself like an abused puppy.  Two loud heartbeats.  That was it.  Nika was very still.  She couldn’t push for it, a confirmation, but Nika was a thousand percent sure of it now.  Liv’s ex hadn’t just been an asshole...Liv’s ex had hurt her for real.  Part of Nika wanted justice using her rather specific skill set.  The other part wanted to throw a shield around the woman, hold her close and scream a challenge into the wind.  Now you have to come through me. 

Instead, her eyes were as caring and soft as her words.  “Hey.”  Nika inched closer.  “I’m not her.”  Closer still like a cautious approach to an abused and scared puppy.  “I will never hurt you.”  She scooted on a step until she was as small as could be, unimposing, right across from Liv.  Legs drawn up, arms wrapped around them.  “I promise,” Nika whispered.  She did not look at the notebook.  Just Liv’s face.  “You’re so much more.  So strong.”  Nika’s own life played behind nearly black eyes.  “Survivors are the strongest of them all.”  The barest change in her serious face made it seem as though she beamed a smile.  “You’re a superhero.”  Nika’s expression was open, honest.  “...and if you’re not ready to see someone, that’s okay too.  I can wait.  I can wait to show you these aren’t just words.  I’m not going anywhere unless you want me to.”

Messages In This Thread
Ice - by Liv - 06-08-2020, 04:57 PM
RE: Ice - by Nika Raskov - 06-09-2020, 03:07 AM
RE: Ice - by Liv - 06-10-2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Ice - by Nika Raskov - 06-13-2020, 11:34 PM
RE: Ice - by Liv - 06-14-2020, 03:09 AM
RE: Ice - by Nika Raskov - 06-14-2020, 03:56 AM
RE: Ice - by Liv - 06-14-2020, 10:31 PM
RE: Ice - by Nika Raskov - 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
RE: Ice - by Liv - 06-15-2020, 04:05 PM
RE: Ice - by Nika Raskov - 06-15-2020, 04:20 PM
RE: Ice - by Liv - 06-16-2020, 03:14 PM