This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

This one is different
The warmth infused her veins with an unusual burst of vitality. Writing was an outlet almost as powerful as her dreams. Here was someone willing to talk about both. The smile that tickled the edges of her mouth was hard to contain, but at least for now, the exhaustion plaguing Daiyu’s body faded.

“The whispers of my pets. My friends talk to me. They show me scenes in my dreams, and sometimes, when I am alone and all is still, they visit me in the day. Their company is why I do not mind being here. I am not alone.” Her gaze remained downcast, almost unwilling to meet that of the doctors’. But it wasn’t aversion that really distracted her. It was a yearning, a searching of the shadows for the flicker of motion in the dark.

The last time she mentioned her friends, pity and accusation followed. There was nothing, but the darkness was watching none the less. Mara’s will attempted to summon the nearest pet, but it was resistant.

“They don’t like you,” she said with a hint of confusion.

[Image: aa8UcY-u1]
"Come, mistress"

Messages In This Thread
This one is different - by Daiyu - 06-25-2020, 02:11 AM
RE: This one is different - by Meera Alam - 08-14-2021, 04:13 AM
RE: This one is different - by Daiyu - 08-16-2021, 09:26 PM
RE: This one is different - by Meera Alam - 08-20-2021, 12:02 AM
RE: This one is different - by Daiyu - 11-18-2021, 12:40 AM
RE: This one is different - by Meera Alam - 03-12-2022, 03:37 AM
RE: This one is different - by Beto - 03-21-2022, 10:49 PM
RE: This one is different - by Daiyu - 04-16-2022, 11:26 PM
RE: This one is different - by Meera Alam - 04-26-2022, 01:14 AM