This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Letter
His chest was tight as a cage. The further he was pulled into the Tower, the more the cage seemed to close up around him. The Tower was pristine. So completely, painfully white. Like the box he'd be buried in. He only knew he'd not been put under the dirt was simply because his legs were burning from that bloody ramp. How did the Amyrlin make it to the top every day? No wonder Amyrlins were notorious for being in a bad mood. 

Lythia Sedai was cool as a cucumber. Not that surprising. Aes Sedai were always like that. She said little along the way, and Jai had the feeling he was being paraded. Normally, he would put stride to strut for the audience but for the sinking feeling in his chest of being slowly buried. It was only when Lythia said she wanted to discuss Nythadri Sedai that Jai decided this was worth the risk and ducked into her rooms.

He gasped when he saw the priceless display. Every Soldier bragged about knowing someone who knew someone who once saw Shadow al’Mere training with the very blade Jai now beheld. Tall tales at best, lies at worst. Shadow al'Mere was long dead. Only the most veteran of Asha'man would have known the man, and they didn't talk about it. He dared not touch it, but the Aes Sedai wouldn’t know if he channeled a caress of earth. Just to feel the power-wrought metal sing. The stories said it would. 

Saidin filled him with at least the familiar warmth of impending carnage, and he reached out a small thread of Earth. Within a moment, a jolt of electricity bounced back. He gasped, shaking his hand like it had been burned on a hot stove.

The weapons were warded. He turned to look at her, unable to keep the sheepish look from his face and shrugged as the sizzling sensation faded.
“Sorry about that. You hear stories about that sword. Just wanted to know what it felt like,” he said and decided to touch nothing else, One Power or the old-fashioned way. Guess she didn’t like her things messed with.

After that embarrassing little moment was over, he put a hand to his heart and mustered all the formality he could summon, “Lythia Sedai, I appreciate what you did for me, but I need to find Nythadri Sedai. It is frankly, its personal, but I need to talk to her. Can you just tell her I’m here?”
Only darkness shows you the light.

Messages In This Thread
The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 07-26-2020, 04:11 PM
RE: The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 08-15-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 10-04-2020, 12:17 AM
RE: The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 10-14-2020, 02:35 AM
RE: The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 08-16-2021, 11:18 PM
RE: The Letter - by Lawrence Monday - 08-23-2021, 11:58 PM
RE: The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 11-24-2021, 09:19 PM
RE: The Letter - by Lawrence Monday - 11-26-2021, 04:05 AM
RE: The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 12-12-2021, 01:19 AM
RE: The Letter - by Lawrence Monday - 12-15-2021, 01:01 AM